Mommy: "One..."
Morgan: "Twooo....Deee!"
Yup, she's counting. Sort of. I say one, she says two automatically, and once in a while a three comes out. :) Today we were at Kohl's and she needed new sunglasses that didn't squeeze her head for next week's softball tournament in St. Louis. She had a pink, blue, and purple pair to choose from. She eliminated the purple pair (sniffle) and wanted to take both the blue and pink pairs. I told her, "Just pick one..." and Morgan promptly said, "Two!!" (me) "No, honey, just take one." "TWO!!!" So she ended up picking the pink pair even though the blue pair was cuter. But hey, I'm not wearing them. ;-)
So, best parents ever award goes to ... US for taking Morgan to the QCs this morning even though she woke up with a low-grade fever and more ick. In our defense, A) the Tylenol we gave her worked, B) she was happy and in a good mood, and C) her boogers had taken a significant decrease. She was a trooper and we got all our errands done and home in time for Adam to have lunch and head to softball practice. Nice. Then I went online later and ordered a crazy ton more stuff with my 30% off coupon and now we have $40 in Kohl's cash to spend in the very near future. Cha-ching.
Here's a big reason we needed to go to Kohls - I need new work pants. Why? Because several of them are too big and I look like a goon when I wear them. :-D This is something I have no problem "complaining" about. So let me "complain" a little b/c this is something I've never had to "complain" about before. I win. Thank you Morgan for wanting to go up and down the stairs a bajillion times with me every day. I truly think you are helping.
I have to take a second and acknowledge the insaneness that is going on in Japan right now. I can't wrap my head around the 8.9 magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunamis that have taken place. It's all a lot to handle just watching it and I can't imagine what they're going through living it. Thoughts and prayers are over there. It's unbelievable.
Another fun thing to document - tonight while I was upstairs vacuuming, Adam and Morgan were in her playroom downstairs playing. Come to find that at one point she threw her baby out of the stroller and gently put her basketball in its place. Oi, baby. I don't know if I should be worried for a future sibling or be sort of proud of you for loving your basketball. Obviously we know how Adam is feeling about that right now. ;-/
I feel like I'm missing some other developmental milestone she hit this weekend...other than her continued expressive language boom ... but I can't think of anything right now other than it's 9:20 and I'm still not in my PJs. WHAT?! Off I go!!
Wait! I remembered what it was. Another reason we went to Kohls is b/c Morgan's 18 month feetsie jammies are too small for her now. I can't believe she hasn't sat down while wearing them and cry that her feet hurt b/c they are all smashed in the feetsie parts. So 2 more pairs of 24 month jammies later (along with a few she already had), we were good to go. So I'm at home later doing laundry and decided it's time to put away some of her 18 month things that are going from pants to capris and full length sleeves to 3/4 length sleeves along with the feet-killing jammies. She followed me upstairs to put her clothes away and I took one look at her, one look at the clothes I was putting away, and started tearing up. I tried not to b/c she kept looking at me, but I was just so sad. She's getting so big and there's nothing I can do about it but love her more each day and be so thankful for all that she is and becomes as she grows. I haven't cried about her getting bigger in a loooong time...we just love her so much and are completely smitten with the toddler she is growing into. It's a shame she can't be this age just a bit longer...
(PJs now, I swear)
No comments:
Post a Comment