Sunday, March 27, 2011

When did that happen?

I've had a few thoughts that start with this lately such as...
  • When did she get tall enough to push the buttons on the washer/dryer? I've always had to lift her up...
  • When did she start using all these sounds? And with all the single words she's using, I give her 2-3 weeks to seriously start being a consistent 2-word utterance kid.
  • As I said in my last post, when did she learn some of these letters?
  • When did she learn to independently use a spoon to eat yogurt? Because now she does. And understands what I say when I tell her, "Keep your spoon flat."
  • When did she learn how to whistle!? When we were making cookies this afternoon (oops, kid fell off chair while helping, big owie), I swear I heard a little whistle come out of her when she was playing with her refrigerator letters. I would have thought I was nuts but she did it again later. She can't do it on command and I think it's just when she's inhaling, but that was odd.
  • To answer a yes question, Morgan now says, "Mm-hmm. Yeah!" and occasionally "yes" after prompting. I don't know where she got this "yeah" from...oh wait, when I paid attention to us talking, we say yeah all the time. Woops. :)
I think that's it for now. She's also starting to become more consistent with family member's names on the "family board" (frame of 21 pics of all close family) which is fun.

Morgan has been the napping queen this weekend taking no less than a 1 hr nap (1.5, 1, 1.5, 2 between the two days). I've taken advantage of 3/4 of those naps which is great b/c I feel like crap. I have exactly what I did a month ago which I even had antibiotics for...but it must not have gotten it all. Really sick of this sore throat. I think I'm going to ride it out and see if anything happens...One work day (Monday) this week and then it's finally my turn for a real-live spring break the rest of the week. I plan to have Morgan go to Mary's Tues morning for sure (have to take my truck in for maintenance) and all day (or a good chunk of) Thursday so I can clean for my ILs coming this next weekend. Should be a good one...except I have my 2nd of 3 classes on Saturday. Oh well. Morgan will be busy with Grandma Sherri & Grandpa Al.

I'm tired and need a nap. Tomorrow's my Friday...yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment