Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rough Week's Start & Pink Eye

But hangin' in there. You'd think I'd be in a totally pissy mood but surprisingly, I'm annoyed on the inside and holding it together on the outside. My stepmom, Susie, is here all week since Adam's traveling and she has the current season (winter) off. Praise the Lord. This is awesomeness and I am thinking of kidnapping her and/or some grandparent forever while Adam's traveling. Shoot. I'll have 8 kids then. :-D (no freaking out, I'm kidding and almost went back to change that to 4)

So...rough week's start...Morgan went to bed Sunday night with odd goop in her right eye...I was worried it was pink eye and I hate being right all the time. ;-) Monday it was all pink and goopy so I was sort of thankful for the two-hour delay in Muscatine b/c it would have been tricky going to work on time and figuring out the doctor, etc. Long story short - since I was based out of the office that day, I wasn't supposed to get the 2hr delay. It was a global misunderstanding but it was one nonetheless. The day was just rough. The end. But I had a happy little pink-eyed girl to come home to so that always helps. :)

Today I was told that our new area rug is not in. This is after some girl told me it WAS in on Monday. Phil in flooring was very sorry but ours was not in and won't be in for a week or so. Fabulous. I'm so glad that I spent all that time choosing it and now can't have it for Adam to come home to and see. I am hoping we can find a different one at this point b/c I would love to withdraw my patronage at this store.

Besides the bang up week at work and the poor poor baby's pink eye, I'm in a rather good mood. Unless I think about work. Just when I thought it was safe to be cautiously optimistic for the next yearish...but still upbeat.

My train of thought (if you're still with me) is clearly discombobulated and not connected. I blame watching TV, minding the fire, thinking about a salty snack (why don't we ever have chips in this house!?), carry on a conversation with Susie, and blog. I must give a shout out to Susie as she's been wonderful this week and is likely a big reason why I have (almost) escaped Tuesday with Adam gone (for the week) with my sanity. That, and the idea that a glass of wine would go well with that salty snack I'm about to go find. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment