Saturday, May 7, 2011

Booger Explanation - the epic 9th tooth

I have, with all of my super mommy skills, deducted the reason behind the boogers this past week. Morgan got her 9th tooth!! We were brushing her teeth after her bath and I noticed that her lower left gum in the back was rather red in one spot. I felt it and felt nothing (while dodging other, very much in existence, teeth) but further feeling around revealed Morgan got her first molar on her upper right gum. Yeah! A molar to make it look like she should actually be eating all the foods she's been eating for months and months now. :) Thus, I have found and revealed the reason behind all her boogers. It's going to be so weird seeing her chew with molars and not her front teeth for the "crunchy stuff."

Today was my last (thank and praise the Lord, for serious) Visual Phonics class. Remember a few months ago when I took the first one and was all excited b/c I was learning something so awesome? Well.....that was because it was only one day of it...it turns out this class was three days of the same first day (if that makes sense). Hello, boring. However, I racked up another grad credit towards my next level on the pay scale so some day this will pay off. Literally. Sigh. I fear that's a long way off, however.

While I was at class, Adam had a softball tourney that kind of "came up" so Morgan ended up going to our friends' Nick and Melanie's house to hang out and play with them and baby Carson. She had a heck of a time at first and was scared but I guess after some time, lunch, and many trips down the slide at their house, they were bffs. She skipped her morning nap and then played so hard she didn't go down until...3pm! I woke her up finally at 5:15 so they could get on with their lives and we could go get some dinner. Whew. I have no problem with her going to be with such caring and wonderful people who are amazing with kids...but I worry that she's going to be so upset and cry so much they say (when I get there to pick her up) here you go, slam the door, and not answer phone calls for the next 3 months. ;) Thankfully that was not what happened today.

Sorting!! Oh, I'm so terribly excited to post about this. Yesterday when I picked her up from Mary's, Mary told me they had a trail mix snack that day. Morgan, dear sweet genius child, decided she wanted all the orange triangle crackers over here, rice chex over here, wheat chex over here, and put the rest of everything else in piles before eating each pile alone and moving on to the next one. I've been showing her how to sort just by doing it myself with her toys (not making her do it but just "oh, Morgan look! I can put all the blue ones over here, and the yellow ones over here...no? Not interested? Fine, let's just make a mess. Weeee!" But she did it all on her own and is able to sort. Excellent developmental skill. Of course I can't recall off the top of my head when kids are supposed to be able to do that. :-/ Still way pumped! (hello, early childhood professional)

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. While I'm not sure how closely our mothers follow this (mine and A's), I do want to say that I am so proud to have them as our mothers. We are so blessed they are in our lives and my only complaint is that we are not closer (logistically) to them so we could enjoy seeing them more often. Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there, be you mommies to humans, fuzzy babies, or kids you watch over with a loving caring eye. You keep the world turning and your households together. You fix owies and deal with lots. I love you, mommies, and thank you for all you do for us.

That said, if I don't get to this tomorrow, Happy Mother's Day!! Hope it's a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Morgan is welcome anytime Melissa....she is such a little sweetheart!! :)

    ReplyDelete