Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Nertz Kind of Weekend

This weekend, my brother Ross and his wife Kristen came to visit. We had a great time and ended up playing hours of Nertz after Morgan went to bed. Morgan found a new buddy in her Uncle Ross and any time she couldn't readily see him, she was yelling "Woss? Woss??" and off to find him. He's an expert nose-wiper by now, thankyouverymuch (reference paragraph below). Friday for dinner when they got here, I tried a new tortellini with vodka cream sauce (thank you for the recipe, Abbie) and I will be making it weekly until we get sick of it. It was SO. GOOD. I was embarrassed though as we had to borrow vodka from our friends/neighbors b/c we don't readily have that in the house. Yet another reason to take up drinking more often... ;-)

Poor Morgan had a BAD cold over the weekend. It started late Thursday with a sort-of runny nose and by Friday morning she was a ball of snot (ooo, my favorite kind of kid - however, I will take this over vomiting any day). She was bad still yesterday but seems to be on the up and up a bit today (meaning less booders (boogers) for us to wipe). I don't know if I/we trained her for this or if she honestly just doesn't like it but whenever her nose is running, she will stop playing (80% of the time), walk over to us, and say, "Booders." I hate ignored snotty noses so this makes me ultra happy that she brings it to my attention so she's not that kid. 

I made a menu for this week and am anticipating it means that my week as the supper-cooking-mommy/wife  will be much smoother and less stressful. Here's to hoping...clink.

I feel like there's more but I can't think of  anything right now b/c I need to go grocery shopping and get dinner started (yum - turkey noodle soup - Morgan's gonna flip). But first, off to switch the laundry

::multiple-hat wearing girl cape flying in the air::

No comments:

Post a Comment