Tuesday, April 26, 2011

18 month dr appt stats

Here are my giant-kid's 18 month growth stats:
  • Height: 34.25" - 96th percentile
  • Weight: 26.25lbs - 76th percentile
  • Head Circumference: 90th percentile 
The doctor was very pleased with her progress and uber impressed with her language development. Morgan really blew her away when she started using prepositions ("in!!") while trying to get out the door. Morgan did well considering she only had a 30 minute nap before being whisked off to the doctor's office. I was proud of her. She hated being weighed and measured, but how cool is it to be sitting on paper in your undies with everyone able to see you? Yeah, I wouldn't like it much either. Lucky for her, she got a "dress" (gown) to wear while she waited for our doctor...

and sure enough, we come to find that our doctor is moving her practice to Bettendorf which would mean at least a 45 minute drive to the doctor one-way if we were to stick with her. The thought crossed my mind but realistically, it's not feasible on so many levels. So anyway, it started to sink in that after we FINALLY got our goal pediatrician (thank you Adam for your awesome work somehow getting us in), she's leaving us...us, like Morgan's the only kid on the earth...I started to kind of choke up. I thought I was going to get through it but then (this amazing ped) HUGGED me and I lost it and cried. Morgan was so confused, the poor child. I told her mommy's eyes were being silly again and I was pretty proud that she held it together and didn't cry with me. I always cried with my mom when I was little even if I had no idea why. Dr. Frye was great about it. I totally get why she's going although I won't bore you with the details.

Thankfully, however, there are positives to the whole thing:
  1. Morgan's SUPER healthy and we're so very blessed for that.
  2. Dr. Frye's replacement is actually a pediatrician from the Philidelphia Children's Hospital looking for a small town that's close but not too close to her hometown of Des Moines. I'm confident that we will have a good doctor coming our way and we've already requested to be put on her caseload. We started with the other doctor at the clinic we go to and I'd like to try the new one. Her name is Rebecca somethinghardtosay. Wish us luck!
  3. Morgan's got the Seefeldt genes and will likely be tall. Sweet. Makes for an excellent outside/middle hitter, center, and pitcher. ;-)
So that said, our appointment went well. Morgan had to have one of her 4 (aw boo) shots after May 8th (are we REALLY still fighting with this vaccination mess up a year ago!?) so she didn't get her shots today but will in a few weeks. I vote Adam take her...although likely I will. He travels tons in May.

We're so proud of Morgan and how far she's come in 18 short but super fast months. We are the luckiest parents (yes, even when she's doing her new "shriek fussing") and couldn't have hoped for a better daughter at this stage of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment