Sunday, April 3, 2011

You know it's Spring when...

It's 82 degrees outside. That's not a typo and I'm SO happy for that! It's windier than the dickens outside, but that's a small price to pay to be outside and hot in a t-shirt and jeans thankyouverymuch. (ps. this is from Sunday that I didn't finish 04/03/2011). It turned out to be beautiful outside albeit windy and we were all in shorts and tshirts by the afternoon. Adam and Morgan even mowed the lawn a bit since it was getting to that point in some places (thank you puppies).

Now on to Monday's post. We had a lovely (and fast) weekend. Adam's parents showed up around dinner time on Friday and we met Adam at Applebee's for supper (thank you limited Muscatine cuisine) where Morgan was actually rather well behaved (thank you Grandpa distracter-man). Saturday was lovely save for having to be at class a good majority of the day. Negatives to this class (even though despite all of these I'm glad I took the class): I got stuck at the last stoplight (and was running late) for 4.5 minutes (if you know, that is eternity in traffic time. 4 stoplights down the street stopped and went while I was waiting. I finally blew the light and went to class 5 minutes late); I learned nothing new as the guy went into significant detail in slow motion about what we did at our last class; my tablemates were at a full table when I got there late (thank you light) so I had to sit with others (thankfully other SLPs I know and are hilarious as well). Positives: I continued to learn more about something I already knew which means I'm better at the hand signals; I got to sit by other friends instead of strangers; I went somewhere yummy for lunch (yum - Bavarian pretzel sandwich)...and got to go home in beautiful weather.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful in a good way with lots of good food, time outside (super warm!), and great visiting.

Morgan LOVES being outside. She will frequently yell ow-side!! ow-side!! and stand by the door. I noticed today she's really beefing up on her verb use as she used several today - pay (play), heep (sleep), push, pull, among a few others.

Shocker, I'm too tired to go back and see if this post is coherent which I'm pretty sure it's not. Meh...it's the start of a FULL week of work. Ack. Thank GOD I only have 2 weeks of real work before another 4 day week and then 4 day weekend (thank you Easter). Apparently I have lots to be thankful for in this post. And now I'm going to be thankful I'm done. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment