Sunday, April 17, 2011

Who was this good girl at church?

Morgan was SUCH a good girl in church this morning. Since Adam didn't go to his softball tourney yesterday with all the rain, wind, and SNOW (WTH) (it was postponed until April 30th), he went golfing this morning (I have feelings about this but whatever. I'm not changing his mind this summer). But back to my good little girlie...it's always a gamble taking her to church alone but today she was my cutie in a green dress and white tights. She could have used a little more whispering than loud "HIs!!!" but meh, we sat in the back where that sort of thing is expected. I just have to say that she was SO good for me all by myself. Yesssss.

We've had a good weekend so far save for the YUCK weather we had yesterday. Friday night I met Adam at Keiblers' after his flight landed and we participated in "Stir Crazy: Mexican" (or something like that). It consists of people coming with predetermined ingredients, getting into 2 teams, divvying up the ingredients and "stealing" the good ones from each other until they're all sorted, and then cooking a three-course meal from those ingredients with sheer talent alone. No recipes. It was a great time and showed me that I'm better at cutting items than cooking them when it comes to Mexican food. I might have to start working with this more on the weekends...it was SO good! We stayed until about 10:45 and then left to relieve the sitter...speaking of...

We braved (and by we I mean I) a new high school sitter on Friday. Her name is Tia, she's the daughter of someone Adam works for, and I had no problems with her but was more concerned that Morgan would cry the entire time, not go to sleep, and just be a naughty little monkey. Tia got here a little early so I left them in the playroom (basement) so I could go write down phone numbers and make dinner for Morgan (mac n cheese, yum). Morgan didn't even notice I was gone and then wouldn't come upstairs to eat when I was leaving b/c she was having too much fun. Needless to say, I practically skipped out the door without nary a tear from the she-child to go have all the fun. Whew. New Year's Resolution, complete. I have NO problem leaving Morgan with Tia from here on out. Yeah!

Saturday, we decided to go run errands in the morning to the Quad Cities since Adam wasn't playing and I had a few things that absolutely needed to be purchased there this weekend (thank you lovely Muscatine for your "fabulous" shopping selections). Things went...well...ok. Morgan had taken a 15 minute nap which will once in a while suffice on a busy morning. Today was not that day. So there was often fussing, crying, and overall her being "that kid" in the store. It eventually frayed my nerves and I was SO. READY. to go home it wasn't even funny. Thankfully I got a majority of my errands run (stupid victoria secret for not carrying undies in my size...I'm not THAT huge) and could go home and take a nap with Morgan. Adam worked on a few bathroom projects that have had items purchased for months to do but not done yet. Yeah! I'm pretty excited about these new transpirings and hope they continue.

The rest of the day after her giant 2+ hour nap (and mine too - whew! I had needed that), we hung out around the house while we played, Adam worked on his projects, and eventually we all made our way down to the basement to watch some Dora and hang out as a family. I could not seem to shake my bad attitude, unfortunately, and was just overall crabby most of the rest of the day. Thankfully today I seem to have shaken that so onward, ho. I have no idea why I was crabby. I can't tell you how many times I'd snap or say something dumb, look at Adam, and almost start laughing b/c it was so stupid that I'd get crabby about whatever just happened. Meh. Day over.

I'd like to take a nap right now, but yesterday I didn't hear Morgan wake up from her afternoon nap (A heard her) so I'm worried she'd be yelling "mama! potty!!" and I'd be comfy on my couch and not hear her. We shall see...if I doze off, I'm not complaining.

Off to said potential dozing off. I'm not doing anything until Adam comes home. Except playing and relaxing, of course. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment