Saturday morning I finished packing and Morgan and I headed to WI for my bff, Steph's, baby shower. I just wasn't missing it. So off we went just before 10am for our 36 hour round trip road trip to WI. Morgan did well on the way there although she was the best nap-fighter ever. We had a good night with family at my Dad and Susie's house and slept relatively well considering we don't always share rooms well. ;-) Sunday morning we again got ready to get our crazy on as we had breakfast, visited Grandma Jackie at work at the hospital, and then headed to Grandma Sherri's where Morgan was to stay while I went to the baby shower in Green Bay. She went right down for an almost 2 hr (!!!) nap, played and had fun with Grandma, and I went to the shower to find one of the cutest baby bellies I've ever seen attached to the front of my Steph. She's adorable and looks great at 30 weeks. I then headed back to Grandma Sherri's to pick up her and Morgan to go back to Iowa. Grandpa Al had gone to Iowa to watch Adam play softball on Saturday (they won the whole tourney!) so Grandma Sherri was SUPER gracious and helped me with the drive home to Iowa to ride back with Al on Monday. She was a life-saver and I am so very gracious she rode with me to help tame the best sleep-avoider ever.
Some of the things that Morgan did to avoid napping or going to sleep at "bedtime" in the car Sunday evening (ps we got home at 10pm):
- Cry/whine/fuss
- Cup her hands around her mouth and yell "hewoh?!" (hello) to us to see if we were listening
- Throw bunny on the floor between the door and her car seat
- Call out the numbers on exit signs and then count up from that number (ie. Five!! ... sis, seben, eight, nine, ten!)
- beg for Dora (go ahead and judge, but first ride in the car with my 19 month old for 5-6 hrs)
- Make her mommy's blood pressure rise the later it got and she wasn't sleeping (but in her defense, I'd be sick of sleeping in a car by that point too).
Hmmm...I'm trying to think of other news to date. We survived the 3 solid weeks of Adam traveling. I mentioned earlier but by Thursday night last week, I was wiped and getting more and more sad at Morgan asking for Adam and just day to day life keeping a household, child, two dogs, and myself going. I was so mad that I made it to the 11th hour of the 3 weeks and lost it. Oh well. Again, we made it, it's over, and we are SO looking forward to Arizona in a few weeks. :-D We are all SO happy to be whole and under one roof again.
Our new Invisible Fence is officially installed as of early this afternoon. We still have to wait until tomorrow at 6:15pm when the dogs have their "training session" with the special trainer, but Adam did his best to beg for the collars ahead of time since the dogs know exactly what an e-fence is, but alas, we have to wait for the special trainers. Less than 24 hours...and we're all counting down.
Work...sigh. Lots to update about work but I technically can't right now. All I'll say is that instead of changing 2 of my 5 work days, ALL of my days were changed and I now have LOTS more families/students to say goodbye to rather than just one school's worth. It will be ok and I've come to accept it - but it def took me a few days. More on this later...but as for today, I had the most productive day with my two of my SLP besties and came out of it with TONS of materials and adapted books that I'm very eager to use with all my new students next year.
A busy month is to come again with June. I'm looking forward to it as much of it is very good things. July then looks relatively tame with me working a little more than I anticipated but I'm hoping that is remedied after a quick discussion with the powers that be. We shall see. It's all a transition and I'm willing to help out with it.
Only 5-6 work days left of this school year pending my boss lets me move one day to the end of the month when I have to do a day of preschool evals. I'm so ready for summer days with my girlie.
No comments:
Post a Comment