Monday, July 25, 2011

And Baby Schmidt #2 is.............

Today was the big day...and we couldn't believe the outcome! Morgan will tell you below...



 We were kind of stunned, I think! I was ready for either boy/girl and didn't mind one way or the other. Adam, on the other hand, was a bit surprised, I think at the thought of another girl in the family. Now I'm getting excited b/c I don't have to buy a whole new child's wardrobe since the girls (whoa that's weird to say) will be in rather similar seasons since there is a really good chance that they will be exactly 2 months apart (Oct 19 - Dec 19) (26 months total...get my drift yet?). I don't have to buy new bedding if I don't want to but I'm thinking lady bugs for the baby...so we'll see on that one. But either way, I'm very excited for (as my friend, Abbie, says about her two daughters - thanks for letting me borrow your reference, btw) twogirls. Yippee!

Baby Girl #2 Pregnancy Pictures

Another fun thing to make note of is that last night, I was sitting on the couch watching TV and talking Adam's ear off (which he loves while we're watching TV sometimes, right honey?) and she kicked my hand pretty hard. I told Adam to come over quick and sure enough, he got to feel her kick him twice at 18w6d. That was earlier than with Morgan, although then it was only 19 weeks (I can't remember the days) but I'm guessing it was about a week later. FUN stuff!

Next hurdle...figuring out what size Morgan's new bed really is (I think it's a full whereas my stepmom is pretty certain it's a queen) so we can order her new "big girl bedding." I'm excited to start moving forward with a few things (paint, new nursery, etc.) and getting Morgan used to the idea of the newest family member coming just before Christmas.

One more hurdle...names. She needs a name!! I had a boy name I was pretty in love with but now that we don't need it (for THIS one, that is), I'm on the hunt for a girl's name. Here's the deal - we'll take suggestions, but I have odd requirements. Her name must be one that I will find respectable and able to be up on a sign or something somewhere in case she ever decides to run for office. That said - no Brittanys, no Candys, etc...I think you catch my drift. There are lots of awesome names out there but I want to be able to see her using the name as an adult as well as a tiny human. Gee - so helpful, aren't I? I figure it this way - we were able to find Morgan's name so there has to be another one out there somewhere that will fit her perfectly as Morgan's did. Also - can't end in 'S'. It doesn't go with our last name if you say them together. From an SLP's perspective, just trust. Say Chase Schmidt. Mouthful, isn't it? So no final /s/.

Forward ho! Wishing there was an extra month of summer to do some of these things...but alas, I work tomorrow and Wednesday and then hopefully not again until Aug. 15th which is the official kickstart to the school year. Sigh. For now, I'm in denial mode and fully enjoying the rest of our summer. xoxo

We're having another girl!!

3 comments:

  1. for the record, Campbell invented "twogirls" ... it's what she says when she wants both girls carried at the same time ... every since Parker was little she'd say "twogirls" and that meant, pick me up, too!

    as for names ... how fun!! Reagan? Brooke? Paige? Annelise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Hadley. I totally forgot about that one from Morgan!! Thanks! Paige (heart) & Annalise (heart) don't work with our last name. BOO. :( Adam vetoed Reagan and I vetoed Brooke. Keep 'em coming!! But I really like Hadley for now (you know how name changing goes...maybe I should go look at your gigantic name list from Miss Parker Pants. :)

    ReplyDelete