Wow!! Did we ever cram in a TON of stuff into a busy, but not quite crazy, FUN weekend. Recounting...
Friday
Adam took off work at noon and we were on the road by 12:15pm to head to Stevens Point for my 5 year graduate school reunion.
Backing up...Morgan and I had to drop off the lawn mower earlier in the morning at the John Deere place b/c after many sweaty hours, Adam couldn't get to a specific part that needed fixing and the lawn was getting close to retaliation if we didn't get on it. SO...we pull in and Morgan sees all the mowers and is in heaven. She takes an extra 30 seconds to walk 20 feet b/c there are tractors on either side of her flanking the sidewalk. We walk in, a nice older gentleman said hi to her, she waited, looked at him for a bit, and finally said, "tatuh boten!" (tractor broken!) It was the cutest dang thing ever. She got a sucker and then the nice guys got it off the truck...we leave...and devastation. Morgan was soooo upset we left the tractor behind. I promised her we'd pick it up on Monday and after all the distractions of Walmart (ugh) she forgot about it - until Adam got home and she had to tell him we dropped the tractor off b/c it was broken. :)
Fast forward...Morgan only took a HALF HOUR nap on the 5 hr trip to Point. Yikes. I prayed, crossed my fingers (knowing she'd be up late), and hoped for the best (lucky us, we got it!).
We checked into the hotel (on which Morgan could get on the bed alone...yikes) and got ready for dinner. We met our friends Luke and Sara and their two lively boys for dinner and had a good time catching up.
Then we headed to our other friends', Noah and Amber's, house to visit with them and see what they were all up to - and meet their son, Orien. Another great time (too short!) was had and off to the hotel for rest, sleep, and Toppers for us (if you're in a WI college town, get Topper's sticks. Our fav is taco stix, but even just plain cheese stix are amazing). Too bad I was sooo full from dinner I could only eat a few small stix, but it was totally worth feeling like a small whale.
Saturday
We were up by 7am (thank you tiny monkey who didn't go to bed until 9pm!) and off to breakfast. We swam for a bit with Morgan who took all of two seconds to become reacquainted with the water with her floatie on. When we got back, Morgan was kind of tired already so she took a nap while we showered, relaxed, and packed up.
We then headed to the reunion and had a GREAT time. All three of us. Adam fielded Morgan most of the time while I visited but really, it was fun, easy, and like jumping back on the wagon I got off of 5 minutes ago and not 5 years ago. There were 11 of the 21 girls in my class there and I have a feeling that after we make it an annual event (I proposed it after all the fun we had!), there will be more ladies joining us. It was lovely - the food, the friends, all the new babies...I loved it and can't wait until next year.
Then we headed back to Iowa and made good time - 7:30pm and off to bed for Morgan. We relaxed and got ready for another busy day...
Sunday
Morgan slept until...7:45am this morning. It. Was. Awesome. And I'm hoping she carries this over until it's August 15th and I have to go back to work full time (insert collective groan). We got up around 7:30, scrambled like crazy people to get everything ready for the day and off we went to Ries' (Eric & Sarah) for a day of golfing while Morgan played with their three girls and two sitters.
We made it just on time and after a goldfish crackers "bribe," we left with no tears from our tiny peanut gallery. Off to Sterling, IL we went (we had cheap passes through a QCs website) and got on the course around 10:30am. It turned out to be one of the longest rounds I've ever played (b/w sending faster groups through, hitting a bucket of balls to start, slow idiot groups of six on the course - who plays in 6s?!!? - etc, and it was hot hot hot outside but honestly, it was one of the most fun rounds I've had. They're a great couple to spend time with and I loved that we had a couple with a wife who likes to golf.
I was shooting for under 120 since I was A) being realistic and B) haven't been out this year at all even though I'd love to break 105 at this point and sure enough - I shot a 115. I was pretty happy with that and could now go golfing weekly. Too bad that's not in the cards this summer...but it was SO. Fun. And my new golfing shadow is quite hilarious. :)
Morgan did very well while we were gone (for 9 hours!). I was very pleased we decided to have her come play with the Ries girls instead of having her stay home with a sitter alone. I have a feeling Morgan felt the same way. ;-)
All in all, what a great weekend. It was BUSY but oh so good. I don't want that busy of a weekend all the time, but it was lovely. And psstt...we're half way to meeting Baby Girl #2 tomorrow...yippee! (eek)
No comments:
Post a Comment