Big Sister
- Morgan now walks up and down the stairs on her FEET. She will either hold the railing, put her hand on the wall, or ask to hold a hand. Woah.
- She now sits on the "big girl potty" (what you and I sit on without an extra tiny hiney seat) as of today by herself. I showed her where to put her hands and she had the confidence to try it. During one potty, I sat her down and she said, "sit down, Mommy" so she could do her business on her own.
- Morgan routinely spouts off 3-4 word utterances. Her grammar is by no means beautiful, but boy that kid can get her point across. What's even more fun, she's now starting to realize and use other words to help get her point across if she's not understood. Case in point - we were in the car and she kept saying "bite" and when she finally stopped, thought, and said, "sun!" Little smarty was trying to get us to understand she was saying it was BRIGHT outside. I love hearing all her new vocabulary and how she puts things together....
- After seeing the baby on the ultrasound this morning, I was getting her ready for her nap when she started saying, "baby sister! baby sister!" (I can't remember what might have prompted this, but those were her words). It melted my heart and made me happy that she can hopefully start putting it together that we're having another real person coming into our family soon instead of just talking about some baby she doesn't understand. She also put her hand under my hand on my belly today when BG2 was being particularly active (which of course she immediately stopped doing) but soon...hopefully soon Morgan can feel her too!
- Morgan is obsessed with her "Morgan CD" (has her name in the songs). We can hardly even get in the car (where it's located) before she's asking for it and having a toddler-fit if it's not on soon. :-/
- She's suddenly eating like a crazy person. She's worn this adorable yellow dress often this summer and today when I put it on her, I noticed that it's suddenly a bit shorter than it was last time. It's not like it would have magically shrunk this time in the wash after at least 10 other times...
- I think she's growing again. (see previous bullet) Tonight she ate half of a venison steak, a good amount of peas...and THREE helpings of broccoli/cheese rice. Woah.
- She also is beginning to recognize items in terms of numbers. When there are two of something, she says, "two moons!" or "two dogs!" That's fun for me watching her figure all that out. :) Until she asks for two cookies...
- We can't help but love her more and more with each passing day. We are soooo blessed...
- She's becoming quite the kicker pants. Not hard, not tons, but now that I can feel her well, she's movin' and shakin'. LOVE THIS part of pregnancy.
- I have to pee all the time. GAH.
- I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions and have for the past 2-3 weeks or so. They are worse when I have to pee or am dehydrated or whenever really, but I'll have to look back and see when these started with Morgan. I'm not worried but I'll ask about it at my next appointment.
- Ugh - I'm up about 12-13lbs already. Whatever. If I have to do another 40lb pregnancy, so be it especially if I get another healthy, beautiful baby out of it. :)
- We're doing well. We're enjoying sharing the new movement we can feel from BG2 on the outside. I'm enjoying this lull in his travel but realize it will likely pick up in the fall (but be done just before Thanksgiving! I will die if I go into labor while he's on travel with a toddler and two dogs!!).
- We are so. blessed. I thank God every day that we're in the place we are and on the path of life we are on. xo
No comments:
Post a Comment