Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Our house is SO. CLEAN.

And it always is now that we have a house on the market. Hopefully this has raised the bar for everyone in the house to want the same level of clean for the rest of our lives (ahem, husband, ahem) although I must say he is awesome at keeping this place clean with me right now.

Since I've been the best. blogger. ever. and am updating our lives every other day, I thought I'd take a minute and catch up for real now and see where it takes me. This is either going to be super long or short as all get out b/c I got tired. :) Items to note in the Schmidt Household nowadays...

  • Our house has been on the market for 13 days. We've had several showings now and were on a someone's short list as of last week. However, we just learned today that the house we want to buy had an offer over the weekend and the sellers didn't budge much on price...which means we may not be able to get it after all since we were sort of banking on a price that was less than what it was listed for. We are hopefully going to check out a few on Saturday but it's not looking good, folks. It's not looking good. (again, at least the house is clean!)
  • If we're not taking a night here and there to relax, we're still staging, cleaning, and doing smaller projects that are continuing to spruce the place up. If we stay, at least we get to enjoy all the fast improvements we've made. 
  • Adam 
    • Just finished up nationals for his softball in Omaha. They only got to play three games but no one on the team was hitting well so it ended earlier than all had planned. It ended in a great trip to the Omaha zoo, however, so it was totally worth the trip - softball AND a trip to the zoo...awesome!
    • Work is going well. He's got some travel coming up next week and then a week or two after in the next month or two. One of them is a trip to Vegas...poor. baby. (bleck)
    • He's been positively amazing when it comes to the house and selling and all that. I can't tell you how many hours past me being exhausted that he's continued working until as late as 10:30pm. I'm so proud of him and the drive he's shown to get all these things done. 
    • He said that's all. I guess he must be tired. Or looking at potential houses. :)
  • Liss
    • I'm 25 weeks along as of yesterday with Baby Sister. I feel pretty great. Our last appointment last week went well with nothing major of note. Morgan got to hold the tape measure for my belly and squirt the goo on the heartbeat monitor, both jobs of which she took very seriously. Once in a while she makes me uncomfortable, but that's b/c I'm almost positive she's breach at the moment (normal) by the way she kicks. I think she's working on rotating here and there (then back to breach like she is right now) b/c sometimes she kicks my sides but usually it's "southerly" kick. 
    • Work is getting started. I can't say it's great, can't say it's bad at all. Negatives - I don't like having two separate places to keep all my materials; I wish I had a half day more at my other two districts; It's not easy (but isn't going badly) getting a new caseload with someone else's goals and new kids...but it's working. Positives - I love being stationary and getting to know the same set of kids (was part of a traveling/revolving door caseload the past three years); I have others but was distracted and can't find that train of thought - it's lots of good though, I know that.
    • I love spending time with Morgan. She's growing and learning and amazing almost every day (trust me - the "toddler" days can be trying) and we love watching her grow. I can't say enough about how I am enjoying her. PS. Her language, especially after another small explosion this past weekend, makes SLP-me swoon.
    • That's pretty much life for me right now - mommy/wife-bee, worker-bee, house-seller-bee, be. 
  • Morgan
    • Warning - I could go on forever. I'll try to keep it short...ish. 
    • Morgan is still in 24mon/2T clothing, however, she's starting to just barely break into a few 3T things. She wears a size 7 shoe/sandal and I'm terrified she's going to be in 9s by Christmas. Terrified = cost. :) 
    • She frequently gets asked if she's 2. She's even had a few people ask if she's 3, but I think those are flukes. 
    • Her language stuns me. This past weekend she started breaking out 5 word sentences and now frequently uses 3-4 word ones. Also, she'll string these sentences together to get a full thought out or continue with one she's started. Some of her vocabulary and knowledge leave me speechless. I need to have a notebook lying around and start writing some of these down...
    • Morgan is a climber. She loves going to the park and climbing on anything I'll allow her on (read - no 8' ladders on her own). She's getting more adventurous each time we go to a park and goes down bigger slides and climbs bigger climbs. 
    • She's so very excited to meet her Baby Sister. She's fully calling the crib Baby Sister's bed and has never had any trouble with her big girl bed. 
    • Morgan woke up dry at least 3 weeks in a row in the morning. Then she had a gallon of milk two nights ago on our way home from Omaha and was wet yesterday morning. She didn't have tons and tons last night but was wet again this morning. I'm not worried but I'm also not ready to have her go to bed in undies yet. We haven't said anything about her wet pull ups the past two mornings, but I did say something about looking forward to maybe a dry diaper in the morning when she went to bed tonight. Again - not too worried about it. She's not even 2 for goodness sake. 
    • Speaking of that, sometimes I have to remind myself that she's not even 2 yet. We have high expectations but it's easy to do that with her b/c she's doing so well cognitively, communicatively, and just with overall development. She reminds me of her age when she has her tantrums. :)
  • Baby Sister
    • At 25 weeks, she should be about 13.5" long and about 1.5lbs. That said, it wouldn't shock me if she's more like 14 and 1.75. :) 
    • She loves to kick and has a rather set schedule. Times of note that she's super active - during prayers with Morgan at night, after lunch, when I'm trying to concentrate. :) Times she's quiet - when I'm sleeping, when Adam puts his heavy daddy hand on my belly to feel her (stinker), and other random sleep times. I've been able to SEE her kicking for at least two weeks now but especially so the past 4-5 days.
    • I think I've picked out her bedding. Adam would be fine with us using Morgan's baby bedding, but I want her to feel like she has her own space and own identity. Since she's going to have plenty of hand-me-downs from Morgan her whole life (I'm not going crazy and not allowing that to happen, come on), this is one that I'm fighting for her and making her own space. It's stinkin' cute too - little girl safari bedding at Target. 
    • There are only 15 weeks until we meet her. Yikes.
    • We have our last (and 3D!) ultrasound in about 4 weeks. I swear if she turns out to be a boy, I'm going to cry b/c I've known her as her this whole time...well, since our last u/s, anyway. :) 
I think that's all for now. Adam just went to bed early and it's very enticing to think of an extra half hour of sleep. More soon. Fingers crossed on the house, but I'm fully trusting this one to God and know he will help us make the right decisions - or they will be made for us by others he guides to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment