Another wonderful day under our belts...this has to be one of our better family weekends in a while (by family, I mean just the 3.5 of us). Today Adam went golfing (maybe the last time this season?! I know, I doubt it too) ;-) while Morgan and I went to church and to buy fruit at the grocery store.
I got lots done which included changing all of Morgan's clothes over to winter/fall and go from 2T to 3T for a majority of things (and then found out it might get sort of "warm" by Wed!). I kept her 2T jeans/pants b/c they fit her in the hiney and the length is ok (for most...) but her 3T pants FALL off of her and they are long. I wish there were 2.5T pants...seriously. Also, I found that she had a HUGE stash of 3T clothes I had totally forgotten about. I knew we had some from my nieces but that was way more than I remembered...so anyway, she's SET and needs nothing in terms of clothes until she grows into 4T.
I finally feel great about her birthday theme as we finalized it today and I ordered tons of stuff. :) Pinkalicious!! She is thoroughly in love with this book (we read it three times today after she woke up from her nap and I told her that she's having a P bday party when she turns 2 - which she already says she is, btw) and I was thrilled to give her this excitement to look forward to. I'm not sure if I'm ordering or making 30+ cupcakes but I don't really care b/c I'm excited either way. :-D
So finally, on to the reason I titled this post "Sister Love"...this evening after dinner, Morgan was very into Baby Sister and loved her up big time. She pulled up my shirt, read Baby Sister a story (Brown Bear Brown Bear), kissed her, squeezed her (until I told her it was a little too much love), and talked about how Baby Sister is coming for Christmas (insert toddler squeal here). Morgan is so very excited to meet her sister and it warms my heart to think of the two of them together. Adam is still worried about not being able to give Morgan the attention she needs/deserves, however, I'm less worried and thinking it will all work itself out as it does with every other family in the whole wide world. :)
Ok, signing off. Tired, towels to fold/put away, and I'd like to snuggle with Adam a bit before we go to bed and he leaves for the Caribbean in the morning. We'll miss him...and pray for his safe return Friday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment