Click on this link!!
Baby #2's Room Pictures
The Baby's room is officially 92% done. I cannot tell you how relieved I feel and the weight that has been lifted from my shoulders knowing that if she comes tomorrow, we are 100% prepared at home (well, stuff-wise...we have NO idea how to parent two at once. I heard you just learn as you go... ;-). I was glad to find so many things of Morgan's (including a stash of teeny tiny diapers!) things that I loved seeing her in and seemed like she wore 2x before getting huge.
And did I mention how much I LOVELOVELOVE the Baby's room and how it turned out? I remember a few months ago not knowing how to make a room that I felt was as cute as Morgan's is for another little girl. We have done it and done it well. Morgan likes it and thankfully hasn't asked for stripes in her room (yet). I think we'd have to wait a while on that one even though I'm totally game for it in the future. It's so pretty...and we have two very lucky girls with two very gigantic bedrooms. :)
That said, tomorrow I'm 38 weeks (out of 40 for you "not sure how long pregnancy is in weeks" people). Two weeks to go. I am hoping to pound away at work this week and really finalize everything. If/When that happens, I cannot tell you how relaxed I'll be and ready for Baby to come. It's going to be awesome ... especially since there is some degree of ... well, completion? of paperwork before I go. I get it...doesn't mean I agree with all of it. So...may my typing fingers be swift, all internet connections work, and printers be ready b/c I'm going to be a worker BEE this week and get it all done.
Yesterday Adam and I took Morgan to Disney on Ice with my two work friends, Abbie & Sarah, and their families (minus one tiny tot). She really liked it and was obsessed with the "bid totadile!" that ate Captain Hook (big crocodile) and told us over and over again throughout the performance that that had happened. :) She must have had a great time b/c she fell asleep in the car on the way home at 2:30 and didn't wake up until we woke her around 5pm. Sleepy sweetheart...we're very glad we had that time with her since we're about to turn her world upside down in a few weeks...or days?
Speaking of, this morning, Morgan walked into Baby Sister's room and started talking about how "Daddy got done...just in time!" - meaning he's done some serious and awesome work in that room and just in time for Baby Sister to come...which made me wonder - does she know something I don't know??? :) She should share that information if she does, indeed, have it.
I'm currently reading "The Help" and had to take a small break to work on the baby's room...but now I'm back at it and since I've promised myself I'm not doing anything else tonight, it's time to pick it up and go to town. It's really very good and I still have a hard time sometimes believing this was the norm such a short time ago. Hope you enjoyed the pictures and I'll post more when it's completely all the way finished!!
No comments:
Post a Comment