If this would have been Morgan's weigh in, I would have been so upset (and was, actually - she failed her first weigh in and had to come back for another b/c of two tiny ounces...nothing like the 6-7oz Hadley is missing!). Since I'm very confident in our nursing skills this time around (Hadley is a much better latcher than Morgan was), I didn't take it personally (so weird for me). Her diapers are good, she's eating when she's hungry (save for the "wake up wake up!" things we need to do sometimes), so I know it's not that.
Hadley had jaundice and is getting over it right now. It's not too bad, a mild/moderate case, I suppose, and she didn't/won't need any real treatments for it. I wonder if that's partly to blame for her slow weight gain.
That all said, I'm confident that she's going to be on the other end soon and I won't be surprised if I have to do a "this kid won't stop eating!" post in the future. I can honestly say that I'm going to miss my 5 hours of sleep straight Hadley's given us the past 3 nights in a row (blissssss) but I also want her to gain weight and be healthy.
Off to shower and get ready for a trip to the Quad Cities with Adam when he gets home just after noon. I am really in love with his schedule right now (off 3 days last week, half days all week this week, off next Monday, half days all week next week, and I think another Monday off for New Year's? Woo!). I have some things to return and purchases to make for fun...and Adam wants to check out Jos.A.Banks since he's never been there and they are having a ridiculous sale.
I want to post more, especially about Hadley's birth story, but alas, it will have to wait. Adios, amigos!
One more item of note (and then I swear I'm done) - Stepped on the scale this morning and went from 14lbs left to lose on Sunday to 12.6lbs left to lose this morning. I'm hoping that upping Hadley's feedings will continue to help this out...again - LOVING second pregnancy recovery so much more!!
No comments:
Post a Comment