Sunday, December 18, 2011

Baby Mama Stats

Clearly I have lots of updating to do that's just not happening in lieu of sleep, but here's a quick one...then it's time to wake Hadley for feeding and understanding that it's now DAYtime. :)

Hadley Stats from birth to Friday:

Birth
8lbs, 7oz
20" long
Born at 7:40am 12/10/11 (Morgan was born at 7:29pm...almost the same time but they wouldn't let me push yet) ;-)

Mon/Tues after birth
8.0lbs

Friday after birth (6 days old) 
8.0lbs (the doctor thinks she had her valley of weight b/w her Mon/Friday weigh-ins and isn't concerned (whew!)

Mama Stats
Total weight gain for Hadley's pregnancy - 30lbs
Total weight left to lose as of this morning to be happy, realistic me - 14lbs*

*I can't believe how different the whole weight thing is the second time around. And not even just the weight - my body is changing and going back to "normal after two kids" significantly faster than with Morgan. Clearly that's b/c your body remembers (thank God) what to do and can do so more quickly. Even my MIL noticed during the week they were here that my stomach was going down noticeably day to day. Trust me - I'm not doing ANYthing out of the ordinary besides probably being up and around a little more than I should be(?) but that's how I roll. I don't sit well if I'm feeling well, which I am. I'm also drinking less/almost no milk b/c I wondered if two of our really bad nights were somewhat contributed to my intake of dairy? TOTAL guess but we'll see. That said, I'm really pleased with how things are going. PS. On Friday afternoon, I tried on my normal (not maternity) fat jeans and they FIT. I don't think I even considered real jeans after Morgan until she was at least 6 weeks old and then it was a sob fest b/c I couldn't get them even close to fitting a little.

Side note - we had another (what I call) "fluke" night last night - for whatever reason Hadley was pretty screamy until 10:30pm when it was "acceptable" for another feeding (more about feeding later) and she then went down fairly well. I woke up when the timer said it had been 4.5 hours since her last feeding, considered waking her (doc wants her fed every 4 hrs until she's back to birth weight) but then decided I'd do us all a favor and let her sleep until she was actually hungry enough to wake herself up...and we slept until 6 hours had gone by since her last feeding. Bliss. And even then she was only half awake and Adam had to rouse her completely. To top it all off, I laid her down only half asleep and she put herself the rest of the way to sleep. Adam didn't have to get up at all last night except to hand her to me once. LOVED last night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment