Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Morgan's update

There's been so much updating about Hadley and our family in general, I wanted to take a minute to update on Morgan. She's so amazing and last night was especially hard for me when I had both girls (awake - makes a difference!) alone for an hour and a half while Adam went to volleyball. I realized in real time that I can't give Morgan the attention we are all used to and between the no's, be carefuls, can't do thats, I felt horrible. I want to tell her positive things but am finding myself doing much of the opposite as she learns how to "be" around her little sister. Anywho, on to the fun stuff...I like that more. :)

Morgan is using more Spanish words lately. Obviously she's getting them from her Dora/Diego shows, but avesante*, arreba*, abajo*, amigos, auda me*, etc. are quickly coming into her vocabulary while she's playing and rescuing anyone she can from the couch/recliner while on her tummy to do so.

Like I mentioned earlier, Morgan is still working hard to learn new rules regarding Hadley. It's tough sometimes but she's working on it. Such rules she is working hardest on are:
1. No, we can't go wake up Hadley with the "Wake up, Hadley" song any time we feel the need.
2. We can't push off/on Hadley when moving our own body.
3. We have to share the boppy pillow. When Hadley and Mama are using it, it's for a reason and not just to keep it away from Morgan.
4. When big sisters are holding little sisters, hands need to stay still and not fly out from under the little sister even if there are pillows around.
5. And of course there are others...those are just a few of the "fun" ones. :)

Now, after I post about all those rules Morgan has to follow, she simply loves Hadley. Loves her. Morgan wants to wake her up whenever she's sleeping. She blew her kisses goodbye this morning before leaving for Mary's while Hadley was sleeping. She enjoys holding her and talking to us about what Hadley can and cannot eat/do/play/etc. Morgan is a great big sister although she's totally figured out diaper duty (throwing in the trash) is NOT as cool as mom and dad make it out to be...but she'll run get anything we need, especially Hadley's nuks.

I mentioned earlier that we have a "Wake up, Hadley" song which really is just a high note, low note, high note, low note. Morgan's rendition - "Wate up, Howdie!" which she sings nice and loud and is cute until she's on verse 54.

Morgan is really starting to show an artistic side. She sings and makes up her own songs all the time. She continues to love to play instruments and asks to paint all the time. Adam would rather her be playing with balls of all kinds, but I'm glad to see her being well-rounded and loving all that life has to offer.

Overall, Morgan is adjusting well to being a big sister. We are all adjusting to what it's like to be 25% of a family instead of a 33% piece. I've told Adam that I really love having Hadley in our family b/c it feels like our family is more complete. We always knew we wanted more than one child and having Hadley here makes me feel like we're there (unless we go for 3, but that's for another day long long looonnggg down the road). We are so blessed to have twogirls in our house but we really thank our blessings that Morgan is adjusting so well and is the best big sister we could have hoped for.

*I do not know how to spell well in Spanish and do not have the time to go back somewhere and get the correct spellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment