Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to me!

And to all the other mommies out there, the women who are stand in mommies, and any woman who is brave and strong enough to care for others. I used to think that Mother's Day was sort of one of those holidays where society made it so huge so as to generate revenue, but it was very nice today to say what I wanted to do and just have a great day.

A few not-so-great moments just for fun -
  1. Adam comes in the house. Looks around. He had been cutting the grass and while I was watching the baby and it had been rather quiet. I thought he had just run out of gas again. Nope. Lawn mower was in the creek. WHAT?!? Thankfully he hadn't rolled it in (we have huge hills)...he just drove it in. :) And pulled it out just as easily. Thank God. :)
  2. Morgan did NOT go to sleep well. She is also self-weaning. She shows little interest in nursing anymore and only stays latched on for maybe 15 seconds before pulling off. I'm having a hard time telling whether or not it's b/c she's congested or truly just done nursing. She readily takes the bottle sometimes over me. New goal - get her through the rest of this illness and weaned.
  3. Adam's still pretty sick. This is unlike him. I think that since I've gone through all the sickness from my students for the past how many years, I might get to dodge a few bullets...Adam, however, might not be so lucky with the illnesses that Morgan brings home. :-/
The greats of the day -

I have a beautiful baby girl who was SO happy and smiley today. Seriously - the cow on her exersaucer was the FUNNIEST thing for quite some time. Picture this...bounce bounce bounce...grab cow...pull to mouth and chew...let go...GIGGLE. Repeat. And every time I came into the room, BIIIIGGGG smiles and sometimes even a giggle. It's so great that she's feeling better (finally!)...now if only she'd eat more than 3.5 oz of food a day (besides formula).

I'm still not sick. I had a tickle in my throat this morning. I know it's coming...but for now if I can hold it off, that would be great.

I am now within sight of my sexy "old body" jeans. Which means I need to kick it in the rear so I can FIT my rear in my new jeans before baby #2 comes along (which will be for some time, btw). Good thing Morgan knows where to shop. ;-) Bye bye remaining 7-8 lbs!!

While she's not eating well, Morgan continues to drink enough to keep me from panicking too much. Whew. She also doesn't like her homemade food right now b/c it's too "bumpy" on the back of her very irritated throat. Rats. So much for making progress on her textures. :-/

Morgan showed some progress towards crawling today...not huge progress, but it was good to see her be strong enough and not sick anymore to at least try working on crawling again.

Morgan continues to play and play and play. She's more independent every day which makes me nervous that I'm not spending enough time with her teaching her things. However, sometimes it's so lovely to be able to run do something and come back to a baby who's still smiling but trying to reach a toy she has pushed/banged out of her reach. Silly baby.

Today was nice. Adam's parents were here and so we went out for breakfast with Jason and Julie. Morgan's new favorite thing when we go out to eat is having water from a straw (not sucking). She is surprised by the cold every time but opens her mouth like a little bird for more several times. We then came home, Morgan took a nap, and then we did presents with Adam's parents (mom) before they left. Then we just had an easy day around the house and it was great. It was so nice that the house was already cleaned and I didn't have to spend the day rushing through a list while trading off taking care of the baby and Adam's chores.

I rotated Morgan's dresser and she now has a new wardrobe. Lucky duck. But it's super cute stuff that requires warmer weather. Hurry up warmer weather! Please stay instead of going back and forth from cold to warm.

Alright...that should be enough for one night. Baby's restless so it could be a long one. Poor thing. She had a hard time going to sleep and managed to stuff herself all up. I think if she was eating regularly we'd be on to something, but after seeing the blister in her throat on Thursday, I can see why she wouldn't. On that note, I had a lovely first Mother's Day. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the luckiest people I know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment