Monday, May 3, 2010

Is this it??

Poor, sad, sick baby. Let me preface. Last night she was up at 3:30am for a nuk/love/something and went right back to sleep on her own. A half hour later I was up again with a for-real crying baby. I went up to get her and she could hardly breathe. I suctioned her (cry) and then just held her upright so she could drain it all out. She, in turn, LOVED this and proceeded to tell me about each dream she'd had and what she was going to do with her friends at Mary's today. Finally, after about a 1/2 hour, she sounded clearer so I put her in her car seat (in the crib) that Adam had brought up and decided to let her cry for a while. Two cries, a squeak, and some seconds later, she had put her fully awake self to sleep. I'm crazy proud of her that she is able to do this with fairly good accuracy.

So then I went to pick the monkey up today and she had boogies all over the place. She had just woken up and Mary said she hadn't been congested or icky all day. I wiped off her face for the next 45 minutes or so and after a bottle/butt change, we went to Walmart to get some new Tylenol (due to the recall) which was gone - thank goodness we had the brains along (Julie) who suggested asking behind the pharmacy counter for some...we got the generic kind for 25% of what the normal kind was. Cha-ching! Thanks, Jewels. ;) I was worried we'd need some tonight b/c of her nose issues...unfortunately, I was right.

By the time we got home after 6:15pm for her supper, Morgan was starting to feel hotter than normal. So I changed her diaper and took her temp, and sure enough, 100.3. Uh oh. So I gave her dinner which she ate readily but not as much as a "Morgan meal." She drank a good amount of milk/formula and was super happy the whole time. Mommy shaking her head no no no made her giggle and then once she even imitated me! So despite whatever this is, she's still my happy little girl...but by bedtime around 7:30pm, her temp had risen to 100.8 so hopefully the Tylenol that Grandma Sherri suggested I give her will work.

She's still super congested though. Sad little thing. Adam and I have prepared ourselves for a long night. Mary suggested we check her at 4.5 hrs post-Tylenol so up at 11:30pm we go. Is this the alleged "teeth" gaining incident? Who knows. Mary doesn't seem to think she has an ear infection (I agree) and it's not cold/flu season. It really could be. She was biting my finger extra hard while bored at Walmart. Who knows. Time will tell!

On a GREAT note though, my back is doing better. I was careful to stretch a time or two at work today and I went to a chiro in Muscatine so as not to have to travel to Bettendorf every time I want to see Travis (my SLP friend's husband). He said much of what Travis said but also took some x-rays...to which he found that I have preliminary arthritis in my back! Just in one spot...and he recommended that it's just something to keep an eye on at this point. Dang. Just when I was feeling old...now I feel really old. But at least I can walk and carry the baby!!! A bajillion times better than before!!

Work, which I don't want to discuss at the moment, is not so great. It's not so much what's going on right now (although some of it is) but more to do with how next year is going to look. I'm 99% sure I won't be getting any extra 0-3 time like I asked...I'm 40% sure I will not have my favorite school, Wilson, next year. I'm 80% sure I'll still have the high school next year (really DON'T like this assignment). I said I wasn't going to talk about it. So I'm done.

Here's to hoping the baby feels better and this is just teeth coming in. And that it's not too painful for the little monkey. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment