Saturday, May 8, 2010

Quick Sick Child Update

  • Morgan is still sick but I think turned a corner this morning. How do I know? (gross) There was no snot dried to her face when she got up and it had turned back to clear quickly after she got up. Sweet.
  • She's got a virus that created a huge blister on the back of her throat. Sad. And as a result of all the drainage, she has a secondary left ear infection. And does not take amoxicillin well. Hmm. :-/
  • At her doctor's visit (well check) on Thursday (no shots b/c she was sick) she had the following stats: 26.5" long (66th percentile - she went down!! Oh no!), 17.8lbs. (83rd percentile). I can't remember her head circumference but Adam thought it was in the 80s for percentile. Of course. Poor kid's got a large brain. Not poor kid. :)
  • She had lots of ear wax in her ear again (same on Tues) and the doctor had to dig and dig and dig to get it all out so she could see her ear drum. She cried and cried and screamed and we both had to hold her down the whole time. I was really glad Adam was there b/c I almost cried.
  • Like I said - no shots this time. I have to take her in 2 weeks for 5 minutes of hell - shots. NOT looking forward to this one.
  • Morgan is not eating well at all. I can understand this b/c of the blister(s), but for some reason, I panic if she doesn't eat at least a decent amount. Adam and I are trying to get me over it, but it's a slow process. I don't know why I have this obsession. I think it might be b/c when she was little, she slept better if she ate well. She'd sleep fine now if she ate or not, but still - I worry if she doesn't eat. She's been about a bottle behind each day...anyway, my monkey isn't eating and it's causing me anxiety. :-/
  • Adam's been sick as well with a bad sore throat. Yesterday after he got home from work (he should have left earlier b/c he was sick but didn't), he had a low-grade fever and took it easy. In fact, he and Morgan took a nap for almost an hour while I puttered around and cleaned. Lovely. :-) It felt really good to just clean and not have to check in with the baby or trade off so Adam could get a chore done. It's not something I want to do all the time, but it was nice this once.
  • Adam's parents are here this weekend and it's great. We LOVE having people to visit and it's been nice having them here. Adam and his dad went golfing this morning while Sherri and I hung out at home with the baby. I made carrots, cauliflower, and zucchini for Morgan. It was great having someone around and I asked if they were interested in moving to Muscatine...now I'm just waiting on a response on how to make Morgan her avacadoes I bought her....I heard babies love them. I'd like to love them too but have NO idea.
Ok, off to get ready for the QCs. We're going to go for lunch and some shopping before coming home for dinner, wine, and games. Sigh. I love the weekends. Especially when A) my house is clean FRIDAY instead of SUNDAY and B) when I go back to work on Monday, there are only FOUR weeks of work left. :) 3 of those are student weeks and the last week is for meetings, winding down/organizing for fall, and whatever else needs wrapping up. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment