Things moved quickly once we were in. To make a long story short, here are the quick highlights:
- Weight was 18.9lbs with clothes on so that's a little high than what she really weighs.
- Her ear was clear! Yeah! And no digging to get ear wax out.
Course of action - MORE antibiotics. Boo. This time we have to take a q-tip (sterile ones, mind you) and swab pretty much the entire surface inside her mouth. Thank GOD the Rx tastes ok and she's used to Rx from her amoxicilin or this could get ugly. She (and I) have a topical cream that goes on her cheeks, neck, and "area" (what "parts" are referred to as in our house...might be TMI) 4x/day until it all goes away. I get to use it too on the girls since Morgan is still nursing. I had been wondering if I had caught something from her b/c nursing was a little tender and I'd had some dry skin in that area...never put 2&2 together to get Thrush though.
Adam and I disinfected all her toys this evening while watching the Biggest Loser. I read that I need to throw out all her bottle nipples and buy new ones. There goes another $20 if I can find the ones I like without buying all new bottles too. She'll get daily baths instead of every other day until this is over. She also cannot have any wipes used on her and has to be washed off with soap and water at every diaper change. Fun. But I was thinking about this while I was nursing her for what I thought was the last time (It's not. I'm going until Saturday as planned.), if the doctor told us that standing on our heads for an hour each day for 2 weeks would cure any ailment she had, we'd do it. Minor setbacks. I just feel like I've been in the doctor's office a LOT in the past few weeks (which I have, truly) and that Morgan has been taking a never-ending stream of medications. In the grand scheme of things, it's NO big deal and we're lucky she's healthy and having normal childhood illnesses.
I know I said I'd post pictures soon. I'm going to say Wed/Thursday night. Sorry. Oh, and to top it all off, Morgan can't go swimming yet AGAIN this week due to the bumps/tiny sores potentially being aggravated by the chlorine and the fact that she's contagious in a swimming pool setting. Sigh. Next week I guess.
I think that's it for now. Oh wait!! Morgan is at the CUSP of some serious moves toward crawling. Tonight she actually put her own bum up in the air while on her hands (resulting in her being on hands and knees) while her feet were pushed up against my legs or Adam's hands. We have a feeling (as does Mary, our sitter) that once this kid decides to be mobile, she's off to the races. Yikes. :-D I know people keep saying not to wish for mobility, but I'm so excited to see her move! She also does this cute little "hop" thing while sitting. She sits, gets excited, and kind of hops on her bum. Too funny.
One other AWESOME thing I discovered early this week - my stretch marks are 85% gone. By gone, I mean gone GONE GONE!!! I still have some on the left side of the front of my stomach but they are disappearing fast. I can't believe it. I'm SO lucky. We'll see what happens when it's time for Schmidty #2. ;-)
Now that's it. Pictures soon. As of tomorrow night, I will have a 7-month-old daughter. Holy $h!t.
No comments:
Post a Comment