The other day I posted about Morgan doing stairs and totally forgot to mention that she was 10 months old. Sigh. Double digits. What a big kid!! Real quick highlights b/c it's getting late and after going to bed at 8:55pm last night (woo, big Saturday night, right?) and getting quite a bit of sleep (thank you Morgan for cooperating overnight, but up at 6am? ugh), it felt really good to be us today. I'd like a repeat for our 2nd of 3 all-staff meetings tomorrow.
Morgan. took. her. first. steps. today!! We knew she was getting close, but today we were at the Coralville Mall (Iowa City, for you WI-ites) and to kill some time while Adam was shopping at Scheels, we went to the kid play area. Morgan was dazzled by the oodles of kids running around so we hung out, watched, and avoided being squashed. Adam came, Morgan got all excited, so I helped her up to walk to him. She only held one of my hands and we mutually let go and she took the last 2 steps to Adam alone! She repeated it one other time while we were there, but I think that might count, ladies and gents! If it doesn't, well, it's really close. :)
Today in Target, Morgan purposefully hid from me (in her stroller) and played peek-a-boo with me. She's always loved to play, but I'm usually the one hiding. For her to take that initiative and realize that she can be the funny one instead of the one laughing was pretty great! Speaking of silly, on the way home today, Morgan (who had all sorts of daddy love this weekend), would say Dada...dada...dada...I'd model mama, and get dada. It's almost like she knew and was being a stinker b/c she could. It's SO fun to watch her grow and learn. Makes weekends all the better now.
Bathroom update (I think I mentioned this in a previous post, right? Cosmetic update for the first floor bathroom?) - Paint - check. Towel/TP rack installation - check. New shower curtain and towels - check. And it's BEAUTIFUL. I wouldn't have thought we would have picked something like that but I love it, and Adam does now too. I'll post pictures soon but again, it's late (later, now!) so you'll have to hold your horses. I'll post 10 month pictures too.
Dear God, thank you for my family. Thank you for all the blessings in my life and thank you for leading me on the path I've traveled. I'm SO truly blessed. Amen.
Bring on the week of meetings and organization! Adam has class M/W night and I've got class TH night. Should be busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment