This would be Morgan's new favorite thing to say. She almost sounds like someone trying to (and semi-failing) to say "scoobydoobydoo!" It's funny. Of course I had several things to post about and they're gone. My brain officially went mush. And it's only Monday...
Here's one - tonight during bath time, I had Morgan in fits of non-stop giggles by squirting her with her fish bath toy from under the water. After about 50 billion squirts, I told her it was time to be all done and give the fishie kisses bye. She kissed him and then started crying and crying until I filled him back up with water and squirted her again, resulting in more fits of giggles. Sometimes I wish I could giggle b/c a fish toy was squirting my belly button. I suppose laughing at Morgan giggling is the next best thing. :)
Walking update - Morgan's about the same as last week. She is still super eager to get going after standing which usually results in a lunging, almost running/falling baby. We're not pushing it. She'll do it more slowly when she's ready. It sure is fun to practice though. Which leads me to...
Oh, about 2 nights ago I was bored of Morgan's wardrobe (all the cute stuff was in the wash) so I decided why not and open up the next size up bin of clothes. Well, I did it again...waited too long. There were a few things that she's going to be able to wear for the next few weeks while it is still hot out, but even this weekend in WI it's going to be cool enough for jeans and a t-shirt during the day for her, so we'll just wear 3 outfits a day no matter what happens and she'll get some good use out of them. ;-)
Regarding two paragraphs ago...I also may have found a few pairs of SHOES that I got for Morgan thinking she'd be able to get some good use out of them and won't...Pair #1 - size clearly reads 6-9 months, which means Morgan likely was done wearing them around 7-8 months of age. Dang. I squeezed them on her sockless feet and her little toes were all squashed at the front. Pair #1 worn for 45 seconds. Sigh. Pair #2 - Squeakers!!! White, patent leather squeakers!! Size 3. They are SO cute and she thought it was interesting that she squeaked when she walked. The dogs went NUTS and came running upstairs to see what the new "toy" was. Morgan had quite the fuzzy parade after her. Pair #2 - bring to WI this weekend and pray that socks fit in them (will check, no worries) so she can wear them for the next 2 weeks until she grows out of them. Pair #3 - ADORABLE. Dark and light pink suede shoes, size 4. They fit and will be perfect with socks once her squeakers are deemed too small. Adam will not be happy to read this paragraph. I blame rookie mom status. :) At least the 6-9 month ones are gender neutral and can be worn by Baby Schmidt #2 (who is NOT on the way, so don't freak) no matter who s/he is. So that said, Morgan's dresser is now filled with 12-18 month clothes (I know - 18 months. And she FITS into some of them, especially pants/shorts b/c of her big bum diapers) and a few 9 monthers that I A) can't part with b/c they B) still sort of fit her. Yay for new wardrobe! Boo that there is so much long sleeved and long pants items in there, meaning fall (nice!) and winter (boo) is on its way.
Morgan has spent some serious time in her room the past few days now that we've had to be up there while Adam was gone at class. The first day we were up there, she got all sorts of excited and was basically spin/crawling as fast as she could all over the floor space that wasn't covered in clothes, shoes, and bibs she'd outgrown. She was funny with her stuffed animals, but especially with her glow-worm seahorse. She told me it was time for a nap that day b/c she pulled up on her crib, sucked her thumb, and started crying in bunny's general direction. Bed it was! Tonight she was hilarious too and thought it was great fun taking clothes out of the bins. Redirected...to a pile of books.
Speaking of books, Morgan's love for them continues to grow. She still has her favorites and doesn't always sit through the non-favorite ones, but she whines/cries when the book is over unless you have another at the ready (or unless it's a less fav one, at which point it's time to crawl away at warp speed). We've been working on pointing to animals and other such common objects/animals. She finally did it the other day when I asked her where momma duck was in Little Quack loves colors and sure enough - she pointed to momma duck. Woo!
Here's another funny and then I'm done (2 loads of laundry, one being diapers, are calling). Sunday afternoon we took a trip to Menards to get some longer screws for my drawer knobs in the bathroom. While leaving, something happened that resulted in Adam saying, "stupid ass." I sort of chuckled and half jokingly said, "don't cuss in front of the baby." His smart aleck reply was, "ass ass ass." All of a sudden from the back seat we hear, "Ah!!" Moral of the story - no more cussing in front of the baby. ;-P
No comments:
Post a Comment