Monday, August 23, 2010

Bathroom "Redo" update w/ pictures!

Here are the pictures, pre- to about 4/5ths of the way done, of our cosmetic bathroom overhaul for our 1st floor bathroom. As I'm sure you've read before (I'm not going back to check...sorry. Lazy me.) the bathroom was terribly outdated in terms of paint/fixtures/etc. and since it will likely be about 3-4 years until we get to semi-gut and redo the whole thing appropriately, a cosmetic redo was definitely in order since it was so ugly. In case you can't see from the pictures, here are some of the awful highlights of the old bathroom:
  1. Shiny gold or gold AND silver fixtures/towel racks.
  2. Pale green paint put on in a "washcloth" fashion - read - whomever painted that room took a thin washcloth, balled it up, dipped it in paint, and splotched on the wall. All over. Ick.
  3. The towel racks were loose and flimsy and cheap.
  4. I had accented that room with purples. I decorated around the time of my wedding and purple was on my mind. Give a girl a break. :)
  5. Old gross glass around the lightbulbs. I don't know what those things are called at the moment...

Highlights of the NEW bathroom!!
  1. Beautiful paint color called Pixley Falls. Best way to describe it? Robin's egg blue with some green thrown in. I don't know how else to describe it. Check it out. :)
  2. I think it's called brushed brass or aged brass or something for fixtures and other bathroom hardware. It makes the paint color pop.
  3. We've used black and white accent colors (read - towels and shower curtain). It took us a while to acquire the appropriate towels and shower curtain (5 stores for the shower curtain but it was WELL worth the wait! I love it so much).
  4. All of our racks and things that are up are TIGHT to the wall. Adam is a master-installer.
  5. New, opaque swirled glass things around the lightbulbs. Adam and I were both drawn to them and it was an instant, easy decision. We like those. :)

We still have a little ways to go until we're considering this "redo" done. We still have to figure out the drawer knobs - I got some today but the screws are too short for the drawers! Argh. Hopefully Adam has a solution tomorrow night. We also have sink fixtures to install (ok, Adam will be doing it and I will be quietly nearby offering moral support and legs (to get whatever he needs - that stuff sucks). We also have some touch up on the ceiling since some of the paint came off with the blue tape (argh). I would also like to paint the frame part of the medicine cabinet so it matches the fixtures. See? All minor things. :) Oh yeah...and trim. Ok, that's a more major one that Adam HATES to do. Thankfully it's a smaller room, right? I think that makes it more difficult... :-/

Speaking of my wonderful husband who I can't even BEGIN to tell you how proud I am of, tonight marks the first night of his LAST semester of his MBA. It's going to be a helluva ride though, as he's doubled up with his classes (2 instead of his usual 1) and one of them is rather time-intensive and difficult - it's sort of like his thesis but in MBA form. I don't know the details but know it's hard. Of course he's going to ace it, as that's how Adam is when challenged academically. We shared a few classes in early college and he always whomped me on tests. He just "gets" it better than I do. I'm so ridiculously proud of him for doing this. November 15th will result in a party upon his arrival home (don't care that it's a Monday!) and then an adults-only trip to Chicago. Still have to find some willing grandparents for that weekend... ;-) I don't think that will be a problem.

Morgan worked on her walking a little bit tonight again and is pretty good at 2 steps alone. She started to think it was a pretty cool game that she'd stand independently several feet away from me, hold and chew on this orange ball of hers, and when she was ready, she'd come walking towards me. It wasn't perfect every time, but she's working on it! She also discovered the dogs' water dish today and enjoyed splashing in it...until her mean mean mommy told her no no and brought her back to her toys. :) I knew it was bound to happen. Sigh. That should be a fun, never-ending battle, no?

Ok, off to pack the baby's back pack and make sure I have everything I need for tomorrow for before Adam gets home. Time is so short when one works FT. Did I mention I love my family? Because I really really do. Starting back to work just drives that one home more and more as I have less and less time with them. They are my world!


These are the best pictures of Morgan's 10 month photo shoot. :) She's getting wigglier every month which makes this a touch more difficult... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment