Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stairs!

Funny you should ask why this post is titled "Stairs..."

So yesterday morning we're running around the house doing the morning thing, getting ready, running a little behind (ok, that's just me), making sure all the ducks are in a row for the day. Morgan was playing with her toys in the living room, Adam was brushing his teeth, and I remembered I wanted to send wipes with Morgan to daycare since she hadn't brought any in a while. So I race upstairs to her room to grab some out of the giant Sam's Club sized wipes stash but of course it took me an extra minute to wrestle the new box open so after I got it open, I left her room, turn the corner to come downstairs, and realize there are two big blue eyes staring at me from the second (4th overall) step above the landing!! When I left her, she was on the far side of the living room and suddenly she'd made it up 2 stairs, around a large landing, and up another 2 stairs! We've never even exposed her to stairs...needless to say, we were pretty surprised! I came down the stairs relatively slowly so as not to startle her since I had no idea how she'd react on stairs. I asked Adam if he'd placed her on the landing or something and he had no idea she was even on the stairs. We have a speed racer baby. Who now likes stairs. Tonight I chased her up 1/2 the stairs and then she started crying b/c she realized she was stuck - didn't want to go up anymore but had no idea how to get down. :)

I'm pleased to report that Maddie is significantly better. She actually begged for her dinner tonight and ate almost all of the 2/3 of her regular dinner I gave her. She has lots of energy again and now it's just a matter of continuing her meds and fattening her back up to normal again. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers - we were really worried about her for a while. It's amazing what the power of prayer can do.

While I was typing the last paragraph, we heard the tiniest little "dada..." from the monitor. Apparently someone was dreaming about her daddy and was telling him stories in her sleep. Aww...

We've started the cosmetic bathroom overhaul in the first floor bathroom. On Saturday and Sunday, I spent some serious time taping, pulling trim off the wall, taking down towel racks, and prepping for paint. We primed the bathroom on Monday, took off Tuesday, painted Wednesday, and put the second coat of paint on tonight. At first we were a little overwhelmed with the color we bought back in April, but now that I see it on, I LOVE it. The best way I can describe it is that it's like a robin's egg blue with some green thrown in. It's quite bright and somewhat out of our box, but I think with the right decorations it's going to be stunning. We chose dark brushed bronze fixtures and things to decorate and plan to put white trim in the bathroom. The doors are going to stay the ugly dark brown that they are since we are going to gut and redo that bathroom when the funds are available. So anyway, painting - check! Yeah! I'll post pictures when we're closer to done or done.

I'm SO excited to be going to bed and likely asleep before 10:30 tonight. That's not been the case for so long I can't even remember the last time I went to sleep before 10:30 so woo hoo! Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment