Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pray for Maddie

Something's seriously wrong with Maddie. We're not sure yet what it is, but she's not herself. She's losing weight, not eating (likely, hence #1), and lying around SO much more than she normally does. She's sad and not herself and the next step after all these antibiotics is bloodwork tomorrow. That said, she just ate her 2nd treat in the last 1/2 hour so perhaps we're turning a corner? She even refused HAM earlier this evening. Straight up, human people person ham. And wouldn't eat it. That's one. sick. dog. Poor fuzzy baby. :-(

Morgan, on the other hand, is doing fine. Fabulous, even. She continues to practice her walking and standing independently but no major moves as of my last post. When I pick her up from Mary's now, I physically pick her up and she instantly starts waving bye to everyone in the room. She's thrilled to do so. It's not like she's had an awful day and wants to leave. She just knows that that's how we roll when we leave places and I will thank everyone involved with her on Ross & Kristen's wedding weekend since she was exposed to "bye" every other hour there with all the people she met.

Morgan is growing and I don't care what the height at the doctor says. I'm thisclose to pulling out 12 month onsies...actually, I will be doing that tomorrow. I had to do some serious yanking/stretching to get the onsie she wore to bed to fit. :)

Morgan and I also had some serious luck at Kohl's on Saturday after SS. We spent around $150 between the three of us and saved $250. I. heart. those. shopping trips. :-D

Alright, off to finish a small seated project. :) Can't say in case someone reads this. Speaking of projects (real quick), we're in the middle of a cosmetic update of our main floor bathroom. We plan to completely gut and redo it someday, but a few things need to happen first - 1. We need a working shower/tub somewhere else in our house per me, and 2. we need to be debt free. Only a few short years to go! (Thank you Dave Ramsey and giving us the groundwork to do our very own Schmidt family version of your amazing program.)

Project. For real this time. Adios amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment