Woah! It's been a while since I posted! Sorry faithful readers...
Let's back up a bit to last weekend. Since there's a lot to catch up on, I'll write the short version of most things. On Friday, I took the afternoon off and high-tailed my rear up to WI to visit with family but particularly my brother, Travis, and his girls Tab, Tate, & Tally, who were home from Alaska. Adam stayed back in IA with the dogs b/c he had class Friday night and all day Saturday. I had the best time seeing them and it just warmed my heart to see them and have Tatum warm up to me (after getting some much-needed sleep) and crawl into my arms at breakfast Saturday morning. Talia was always cuddly. :) It was hard to say goodbye but then I headed out for a few errands before meeting Steph in Green Bay for a quick lunch and to pick up my MOH dress before heading back to IA. Believe it or not - driving from GB to IA was slightly shorter than going back home to the lakeshore area. Odd...Sunday was spent with some friends buying flowers, having lunch, and then me spending the afternoon outside at our house planting flowers. I love 2nd trimester energy and body size. :)
Speaking of body size - fast forward to yesterday and today...the belly REALLY popped out and people are really starting to notice and say things about it!
Back to filling you in. Nothing special happened Monday other than I finished planting my pretty flowers while Adam did various things outside. We sure do enjoy this weather, as do the dogs, and plan to spend as much time outside as possible.
Today was a very productive day for me and baby. When I got up, I stepped on the scale and noticed I had gained roughly 2lbs in 2 days. Not a huge deal since I feel like one of those pounds was being carried on my chest all of a sudden. I then went to school until 11am, went out for lunch with work friends, and then went to two meetings at the office (that got done way early!). I was on my way home and was talking to Adam when he told me to turn around and go buy a TV from Best Buy for our bedroom. (The sensor on the TV isn't working and no remote works...we've bought 3.) It has been a source of minor friction when it's late, we're tired, and no one wants to get out of bed to turn it off. So I found a decent TV, bought it on a whim (something we NEVER do), headed to Target, bought a few things to wear, and then realized I need to speeeeeeeeed back to Muscatine or I'm going to be late for my 16 week (well, 16w5d) appointment. So it turns out I'm a few minutes late, pee in a cup, and wait for the doc to come in with the doppler so we can hear Baby Schmidt's heartbeat. She came in, put some goo on my stomach, started moving it around, and promptly made me laugh. It was like the Ha Ha Game and I could not stop! And of course, laughing definitely does not allow for an accurate heartbeat reading. (Ha Ha Game - lay down with your head on someone else's tummy. Repeat with another friend's head on your tummy. Make a friend chain, someone starts laughing, and pretty soon everyone's laughing b/c there are heads bobbing up and down everywhere.) Finally Dr. Coleman gets us serious and it happens one more time before I finally have to hold my breath to stop from laughing. Then...BOOM BOOM. BOOM BOOM. Our little one's heartbeat was SO strong and SO much louder/deeper than it was last time at 12 weeks! Heart rate = 142 bpm. Normal is 120-160 so we're good to go, smack dab in the middle. Yay!!! Dr. Coleman said everything else looked good. We asked her a million more questions and then scheduled the ultrasound appointment (angels singing "ahhh!") for May 26th at 4pm. Only 21 more days until we find out if our son or daughter is in there kickin' me around (with little baby kicks) in there. :)
We then came home and made salads and homemade pizzas for dinner. Then we headed outside with the dogs to enjoy the weather. Jessie did amazing with her fence and was tested by neighbors several times. Yay! Adam cut the lawn while I watered the new flowers, cut doggie toenails, brushed doggie hair outside (NOT to be left in the house), and planted my veggie garden about 80% full. I still have to start the tomatoes indoors (oops, forgot) and buy peas (which I know I did but lost) for Adam. Then the dogs and I came in the house while Adam sprayed the lawn with stuff to kill all the terrible weeds. I did some other cleaning while he was outside and then we relaxed while watching The Biggest Loser. I know I'm missing some things from this past week or so, but it's ok. More soon. Get this - Baby's constantly hungry today...
No comments:
Post a Comment