Wednesday, May 27, 2009

98%

So I would now consider myself about 98% wrapped around the fact that we're going to be the proud parents of a little girl in exactly 4 months and 18 days. I've been saying her/she easily and have even tried out what I'm pretty sure might be her name with great success. She's still being a little stinker especially today now that we've stopped calling her "he" from when I was convinced she was a boy (sorry baby if you're reading this years from now). I still have some ruling out to do for names but I think we MIGHT be set. And no, sorry friends and (persistent) family - we're not telling until she gets here. :) You'll have to pay for a year or two of college in cash to receive that top secret info. It's a realistic option, if you think about it. (wink wink)

Tonight we decided to get off our bums and take the dogs for a much needed walk since the scale was a "little" high yesterday...it had only been about 3 weeks since my last appointment and I gained *gasp* 5 lbs. FIVE POUNDS!! I chalk at LEAST 1/2 lb. up to water that was still in my system from prepping for the ultrasound that hadn't been peed out at that point. The nurse said to believe what I needed to...in a nice way. I finally felt a little more connected to her yesterday as she made a few jokes and seemed more at ease with us. Baby's heart rate measured at 150bpm during the ultrasound and then 146bpm during the visit with Dr. Coleman right afterward. Her heartbeat doesn't really follow the "boys are low, girls are high" philosophy...as she hasn't all along with several symptoms and my carrying her low.

Other things from yesterday...wow...I just got too tired to do anything but stare off into space. More tomorrow...Adam wants the computer for his newfound love, Facebook. I told him it was great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment