Thursday, May 21, 2009

19 Weeks - Almost Half Way...

Today officially marks my 19th week of pregnancy/baby #1. I really couldn't feel much better. S/He is starting to have stronger kicks/punches which I hope means that sooner rather than later Adam will be able to feel the baby kick from the outside. He's dying to do that and I'm dying to have him feel the baby. I think it will make it just that much more real to him when he's able to feel that little stinker in there like I can. Well, sort of like I can... :) Speaking of stinkers, s/he must know I was writing that b/c after a quiet few hours, I just took another kick to the gut. :) Just a little one.

I'm feeling really good and there's not much to post about. I tried the flashlight trick tonight in an effort to wake the little peanut up so maybe Adam could try to feel him/her but after kicking/punching me all day (boring car ride to Des Moines, 3 hours, long conference during the day, 3 hour car ride back = bouncy, moving baby!). But the flashlight trick didn't work. For those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about, the baby now (and has been able to do this for a while) will flinch/move away from a bright light (ie. flashlight on tummy) at this point. Apparently, s/he was either too tired or doesn't really mind the light. Adam will have to wait.

As for the rest of the family, things are also going well. Jessie has continued her quest to be a GREAT dog and now doesn't leave the yard for anything. Not even our friends' dogs, Andy & Sadie, who are really tempting to play with. She even likes to just relax and hang out with Maddie after she FINALLY gets all her energy out after running all over the place for a few hours. Now all we have to do is get her to stop barking at familiar anything/people/dogs, peeing upon being greeted by new people, and hunting stuff. We're really pleased though and the AMAZING weather doesn't hurt either. It's been in the low/mid 80s here this week and I LOVE it.
We're heading up to WI this weekend to visit Adam's brother, Tommy's, apartment in Sturgeon Bay. Saturday night I will be attending my bff, Steph's, bachelorette shin dig which will be loads of fun! Speaking of her wedding, I just tried on my dress (that I bought 2 sizes too big) and it almost fits in the tummy...hopefully they will be able to let it out and the baby will hang out in terms of size until July. Then we'll be all good. :) Now, to find the right seamstress in Muscatine...

No comments:

Post a Comment