Update on baby/momma stats:
Baby: Length: 5.5"
Weight: 7oz (almost a half pound and up 1.5oz since last week!)
Movement: currently noticeably kicking at least once a day (sometimes lots more!) with some tiny little punches too. Kicks are usually on the left side whereas punches (lighter taps) are usually on the lower right side.
Momma: 18 weeks, 9lbs gained to date. Unless you're counting the amazing chocolate fudge ice cream I just ate...I might be a little over that number. ;-) I thought the belly popped out last week but then baby must have grown a bunch and repopped again this week. Just check out the pictures. :)
I'm feeling really great which makes me feel a little guilty for all those women who feel like junk for much longer than I did (and my junk was mild). I have lots of energy but by the end of the week I'm usually sleepy, as I am right now. I thank God every day that so far things have gone well and that we're both healthy (to our knowledge). We continue to count down the days until we find out who's in there and share with that great info with you (May 26th). We've gotten lots of guesses from family and friends but I think the majority is leaning towards boy, which I would have to agree with. Adam just reported he has no clue so I would guess his wishful thinking option is boy. :) We both would like this one to be a boy but would be just as happy and thankful for a girl. We're just thankful I'm pregnant to begin with!
The BH contractions have really subsided and if I'm still having them, they're less intense and I hardly notice. Thank you extra liquids and trips to the bathroom. The baby is moving more and I always thought the movement would feel more like punches and kicks only, but I'm starting to notice that sometimes I'll be at work and all of a sudden I'll be very aware that I can feel my uterus and that it feels like something bulky (hmm, baby?) is moving across the front of it. It's an interesting feeling...and I'm just waiting until the day when I finally wish the baby would beat me up internally just a little less. We're so blessed and lucky...more soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment