It's been raining here ALL DAY today. I woke up at 4am (go figure, another trip to the bathroom) and it was pouring. Woke up again just before 6am, still pouring. So it rained and poured all day and ended up making me (and baby) pretty sleepy. It took all I had in me to go back to work after lunch with Adam and friends. I'd have much preferred to take baby home and take a big, long nap in a darkened bedroom with the TV on super-quietly. But since I get paid the big bucks (ah ha ha ha!) I thought I'd head back to work to help my family on the financial end. It turns out I got more done than I had anticipated and stayed longer than I thought I might...I only used a 1/2 hour of comp time. Not bad for a sleepy, rainy Friday at the end of the school year. :)
Adam informed me at lunch that I should go with him to a conference in St. Louis from May 31-June 2nd. I didn't realize he was kidding but when I said hey, I could probably swing that at work since I'm not seeing kids any more by then, we'd just need to call the kennel for the dogs and head out the door! So we'll talk about it more this weekend but we might be heading to St. Louis (which I've wanted to explore since coming to IA since there are lots of commercials about why we should go visit) at the end of May! Adam told me I'd be stuck in the hotel while he's "working" b/c pregnant women can't go anywhere alone. I'll have to remind him of this next time I go "alone" to the grocery store. Or Walmart. Or when I want to go shopping just to look. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment