Monday, May 25, 2009

A MOST Amazing Night

So this past weekend we went to WI for my friend, Steph's, bachelorette party and some long overdue time in Sturgeon Bay visiting Adam's brother, Tommy, at his apartment. Friday's ride home was long for some reason but uneventful so that is always a good thing.

Saturday, Adam, his parents, and I went golfing at a local course (Fox Hills) for 9 holes of...terrible golf!! Adam and I played rather poorly while his mom and dad seemed only able to hit the ball far and straight. Hmmm...at least someone did well! We went for pizza afterwards and went back to Adam's parents' house. We quick packed up his parents, Adam, and the dogs and I sent them up to Sturgeon Bay to visit Tommy and go for another round of golf in the afternoon. I showered and left for Green Bay as it was Steph's bachelorette party that evening...being the MOH, I had to be up there early for some fun pre-party time...during which we got some of the best cheesecake ever for later that night. We then headed out to Fratello's in Green Bay which was a GREAT time as a friend from college who Steph and I haven't seen in some time was there so we had the best time catching up. We went out a bit (I really lucked out as the bar we went to was not smokey at all) before heading back to her new house for cheesecake and wine (water for me...I was thirrrrsty!) before I accidentally passed out on the couch...I woke up to Steph saying my name and realizing that everyone was gone...oops. I fully blame Baby Schmidt. :)

I then headed up to Sturgeon Bay first thing Sunday morning where we all went out for breakfast before visiting Adam's aunt & uncle at their cottage before Tommy's baseball game. At which 95% of the infield was grass...odd. They do things differently in Door County I guess. :) After we picked up the dogs and headed back to Adam's parents' house to relax and rest the rest of the evening. To say we were all tired was an understatement. So there we were, relaxing, watching TV, and it happened. Adam's mother was telling us about the finale of a rather gory show (I forgot the name...) when I felt it - I had been resting my hand on my belly in anticipation for the long-awaited "outside" kick that we would be able to feel with our hands!!! It was on my right side and I felt like my ring finger (that s/he kicked) went flying off my tummy!! I didn't hear a word Sherri said after that and quick grabbed Adam's hand and said feel it! Low and behold our cooperative baby repeated the same strong kick right into his hand...it was amazing. I've never felt it on the outside to this point and was so excited I cried a little....what a truly amazing thing. Adam's been waiting so patiently for this and while he'd rather have had it happen in private so we could have that moment together, it was still the best night ever (well, one of many I suppose). S/He has been kicking here and there and I felt him/her again this morning and now s/he's kicking my computer that's sitting on my lap. Or maybe it's b/c I'm wearing shorts that are a bit too small in the waist now...either way it's really neat to feel him/her on the outside.

Tomorrow is another BIG day in the Schmidt Baby saga. Pending cooperation (which may vary since this baby has Adam's DNA) :) we will find out who's in there tomorrow...we have the gender ultrasound!! Pray for me at 3pm when I start drinking water (and then chugging the main amount when I get to the hospital in case they are running behind) and hope that I don't pee my pants. At 4pm, we go in! We'll post the results tomorrow evening after we tell immediate family who will then spread the word to everyone otherwise we'd be making 100 phone calls in a few hours. Wish us luck!! More tomorrow!! (PS. I secretly think it's a boy...in fact, I'm rather convinced...).

No comments:

Post a Comment