Baby: She is over 11" long and just over 1lb. at this point, according to "normal development" standards. She may vary a little from that, but those are just guidelines. She continues to build her kicking strength and is starting to demonstrate some slower kicking/dragging moves across small portions of my belly at times. Those are a little odd, but good nonetheless. To me, it means she's healthy and growing.
Me: What a happy day it was when I stepped on the scale this morning (after a 6-day absence). I know I need to be gaining weight so the baby stays healthy, but I was starting to pack it on fast in recent weeks (normal) and was getting worried about how much I was going to gain. Well, this week I gained <1lb which is great, as I gained about 2lbs last week alone. Happy momma! Weight gain to date: roughly 16lbs at 23 weeks.Other than that, not much else is going on. Forgive the picture quality of the belly shots. Adam's out of town (as I've mentioned in previous posts) so these are self-portraits while the camera sat on the dog's treat box. Adam is MUCH better and less time consuming than this method of taking pictures. He'll be taking next week's for sure since not only will we be in the same country, but the same state/county/town/house as well. :) The following are some extra pictures I thought I'd share b/c they are just so darn cute. Will keep you posted if anything changes or I'm finally able to get a good video of her kicking where we can all SEE it like I can. :)
These are a few of the very cute outfits I bought for her on sale this week. The pink jumper outfit on the right was much less on sale but way too cute to pass up. :) The other two are for early and late summer. (If you click on the picture, I think it gets bigger so you can see the details better. The middle one makes me think of Grandma Susie - it's the flowers.)
These are some burp cloths a friend of mine from work made and gave to me yesterday. She told me that one was not sewn quite right, but followed it up with, "She's just going to barf on them anyway" which made laugh so hard I almost dropped them. At least she'll barf in style, as they are adorable. :) Thanks Deb!!
No comments:
Post a Comment