I had a great time in St. Louis but now it's back to reality. Boo...a little I guess. I have a full day at work tomorrow and LOTS of things to wrap up before I am finished next week. I'm really looking forward to the end of this year b/c sometimes I feel really inadequate across so many areas - organization, language therapy, and report writing, among a million other things. I guess I'm more excited for the chance to really dive in to pulling together thoughts on the nursery, labor/delivery, finalizing a name for this little chica, and a million other things I'd like to do (including some serious nesting/power cleaning) during my time off. Brain turned off...next topic.
I picked up the dogs today and while I was really excited to see them and never have any question about their care at the kennel we take them to, I was rather disappointed to find that we were being charged another day for both of them (miscalculation on our end), that Jessie's blanket was rather heavy due to her peeing on it when she got excited umpteen times, and once I got home, I realized their bowls were left behind - the lady practically insisted she take all their things out of the kennels. Boo. Now I have to stop there on Thursday to pick them up. I'm having a whiney evening. I could completely resign to bed right now (8:10pm) but think that I will have some cake and ice cream instead. :) Then some mindless TV until Adam's done with class (in our office, online) and then head to bed. Off to go switch the laundry. There was so much hair in our poor lint trap in the dryer from HALF of the dog blankets that I had to take it out and continue drying or we'd have a potential fire hazard on our hands. Such furry little monkeys. :)
Speaking of little monkeys - our little girl has started to really get a personality of her own. I had a granola bar to help get me through to breakfast this morning (at 10am) and by the time we sat down at IHOP she was going nuts in there, kicking me and literally yelling, "FEED ME FEED ME NOW!!" which means she MUST have some significant DNA from me b/c I don't tolerate being very hungry too well. :) Ask Adam. And sometimes she still withholds her kicking when we put our hands over her little kicks. We sure do love our little stinker. I hung up some of her clothes in her closet late this afternoon when we got home. I'm starting to get excited for the nursery transformation. Probably won't happen until at least July though as Adam is traveling all through June and doesn't want to head to Chicago on a weekend when he just wants to be home. Completely understandable. So mid-July will be a big furniture weekend when we buy her crib, dresser, the rocking chair, and whatever else our little peanut needs that we haven't registered for. She deserves the world if you ask me...I suggested to Adam that we decorate her room in butterflies...Adam suggested baseballs...I countered with pink/purple/green baseballs with wings. :) We'll figure it out later. It's on the middle of the priority list for now.
This post got longer than I thought it would. Now I'm off to switch the laundry and take myself up on that cake and ice cream. Three-day work week, here we come....
No comments:
Post a Comment