So today it was the dogs' turn to go to the doctor, not mine or the baby's. I woke up and after putting food in the dogs' bowls, I went to let them out of their kennels. Normal morning routine. Maddie is always the first to be let out and to make a long story short, almost immediately sat where ever she ended up being (ie. just outside the kennel, at the door to their room, in front of her food dish). Then she all but refused to go outside and just kept sitting everywhere. She didn't even go to the bathroom when I made her go outside. So I thought I'd just wait and see how she did...then after she laid in the living room for about a 1/2 hour, Jessie started looking a little old and feeble when she went up on the couch...then I really started to get worried since they were both exhibiting these symptoms of sore back legs...finally they made me cry b/c I was freaking out...and to top it all off, Adam is in Canada, and I had a huge end of the year meeting out of town today. So I made the executive decision to call my boss, tell them I was going to be late, and just show up at the vet without an appointment as soon as they opened. They both checked out fine (vitals) but Jessie was relatively ok and Maddie was still rather sore. They each got a painkiller, Maddie got an antihistamine (it looked like there was a bug bite on her tail) and Maddie stayed for observation for the day. I picked her up after work today and both dogs wanted to do nothing but run around and play outside. Weird, huh? All I know is that I'm really glad that they are both ok. The vet thought that MAYBE they got bit by a spider or ants outside or something...who knows. Maddie is pretty tired now but she spent the whole day being excited at the vet anytime anyone came into the area she was being kept.
Today was my last full day of work. I have a 45-minute meeting at 9:30am tomorrow morning and then that's it! :) I'm pretty pleased about that and am then going home to clean this messy messy house that's been neglected for about a week in anticipation for the extra time to clean once school was done. Hooray!
Baby Girl Schmidt had a good day too. We jammed to some seriously good music on our way to the meeting and after I had some Diet Snapple Peach Tea (our favorite), she was movin' and shakin' away. At least she kept me busy while I was sitting in the day long meeting. Adam is jealous that I get to bring some entertainment to boring things like this. :) I like it. We played "Poke the baby, kick the mommy" several times. Good stuff!
Then I raced home, got the dogs situated, and then made dinner to bring over to Jason and Julie's since they were nice enough to make me dinner Monday night. Then back to the dogs and messy house that will be no more after tomorrow. Oh, and 22 weeks tomorrow! Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment