Sunday, June 7, 2009

I SAW her...with my very own eyes

Wow. It finally happened...I saw our baby kick (who is actually kicking my laptop as I type) last night for the first time. No touching. Shirt up, staring at my belly while she was active right before bed, and all of a sudden about an inch left of my belly button rose and fell independently. Well, independently of my assistance. What an amazing thing to see! It actually freaked me out just a *little* to be able to physically SEE her moving from the outside...sort of alien-like. But once that brief feeling went away, it was truly amazing. Adam was in the office and by the time he finished up and came in the bedroom, she had settled down a bit and wasn't kicking hard enough to be seen anymore. It still floors me that just 2.5 weeks ago (or so) she gave us our first "feel me!" kick and now she's kicking so much stronger that we feel her very often and can now SEE her. I hope Adam gets to see her before we go to bed tonight as he's leaving for Toronto and points near there for the week for work. He's actually traveling every week now in June until Steph's wedding June 26th...then we're off to our own vacation in the Smokey Mountains before he finally gets to come home July 3rd/4th. What a trooper. :)

We had another good weekend...well, sort of. Adam got rained out of 3 outdoor activities (2 softball and 1 golf) so he was pretty bummed about that. We did some other things that were a good time. Since it's late, I'll fill you in more tomorrow, but today (after Adam's suggestion) we started Baby Girl Schmidt's registry at Target. I need to do some research into bottles and a few other things before it's even close to set up and ready to go, but I think we have a decent start. After a very successful trip to Kohl's (thanks for the great tip, Abbie!) and getting the baby several new (on sale!) outfits, Adam was rather reluctant to register for more...we shall see. :) One of my favorite things we registered for was a pink/black baseball glove that won't fit her until she's 3/4 y/o. She's going to be amazing...more tomorrow...eyelids won't cooperate anymore...g'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment