Yesterday was quite the crazy day here in eastern Iowa...at least in the afternoon! I went to get my hair done as planned around 2:30pm...got done around 4:30 and since I was only 5 minutes away from the airport that Adam was landing at within the half hour, I decided to meet him there as a surprise. I debated going home immediately following my hair appointment b/c they were predicting severe weather and the skies were getting rather dark. After talking with my friend, Julie, about what the weather looked like, and decided to stay. As soon as I walked into the airport, it started raining. Then pouring. Then Julie called and said that Muscatine (which is about a half hour west of the airport) was getting 70mph winds, lightning, and rain...and Adam's plane was still en route to the airport. I watched the radar that had the weather and Adam's plane on it for over a half hour and was almost in tears b/c I was so worried that the winds (which were really going) would have a bad impact on the plane he was on....and finally they landed and he came walking down the gate. Whew!! We then had to wait for Adam's luggage since they shut things down due to lightning on the runway. Good thing!! Suddenly those winds came to the airport that had been described to me earlier and we could not see a thing. They made everyone stay put and not go near the windows for a while. We then made it home and things were fine, just small branches and leaves all over. I was really worried though for a while when Adam was in the air. We're very thankful that he made it ok.
Today we went to pick up some pigeons for the dogs to train with tomorrow before I dropped Adam off at his softball tournament today. I went home, ran errands, found some CUTE baby clothes in GREAT condition thanks to a tip off from a friend that this rummage sale had "girlie things" at it before heading back to Adam's games...which were delayed due to bad planning for 4.5 hours! They made it to the championship game but didn't quite finish things out and lost.
The baby was very active yesterday and somewhat less today, but still some good kicks in there. Not much new otherwise. We're excited for Father's Day tomorrow even though we're going to probably have him open his presents tonight... :) Happy Father's Day Dads!!
No comments:
Post a Comment