This is my mantra today (see subject heading). I'm feeling slightly less stressed about work today but I know that will come crawling back quickly here if I don't get some serious reports/IEPs/etc done soon. Maybe (wishful thinking here) one of our E&Es will cancel/no show Monday...but I'm not thinking about work right now. :)
Sorry for the delay in all the posts and pictures. To sum up the rest of our weekend (since this is the only way I'll write about it), we had a wonderful time with everyone and were sad when the (too short) long weekend was over. Fast-forward to today!
Well, last night. I lied. Last night I did some major work on the nursery and unpacking more of the baby's things from the shower. I completed the crib (thanks to Mel & Nick for the crib pad - last needed touch!) which looks beautiful. The bumper is a little high but I figured it could look a little off so long as we don't have to bend over as far to get our little peanut out at this point. We'll move it down when she gets bigger and we need to keep her from escaping. ;-) Overall, I made some serious headway which was nice. I also wrote in her baby book which was SUPER fun and was able to look through it without crying for the first time.
Adam has forbidden me from having the baby next week as it's his last trip for work until she gets here. I could be considered mildly-not concerned whereas I believe he's moderately concerned (conservatively speaking). Who knows. I don't know what it feels like when she's getting close. I have my 36 week appt scheduled for Sept 21st which is really 36w4d, but that's ok. I want Adam at that one for all the checking they're going to do as I don't know how it's going to feel even though I've been told it's not that bad. Maybe we'll get a better report by then - as in I'm mildly dialated with a little effacement happening which would mean things were progressing in a timely manner vs. baby staying in for the long haul and needing an impending induction.
Stats:
Baby: almost 19" and ~5.25 lbs.
Mom: we'll just say slightly over 30lbs since A) I really have no idea and B) I really don't care anymore. I'm not going crazy with the food, I keep being told I'm not ballooning in my face (which I'm not sure if I agree with completely), and I'm eating healthy. Doesn't matter much at this point anyway. :)
Apology #2: I just posted a ton of pictures on Facebook so the thought of sitting in front of this computer with sausage fingers (it's hot and I'm too lazy/cheap to close all the windows and turn the a/c on...for now) is more than I can bear. I need to get up and move around! SO the apology is this - I'm sorry I didn't post pictures with this post. I'm happy to be getting my mini-pedi tomorrow night after a LONG afternoon meeting tomorrow since I can't reach my toes as easily anymore. I will post tons of pictures Saturday while Adam is off golfing, working, and doing other manly things on Saturday. I'm 99% sure that will happen. :)
Any and all fingers crossed that next week baby (at least until Friday night) and I just keep growing would be much appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment