It was a big day today! I left the house at 8:30am to go get Julie (who's getting married this coming Saturday!!) and we were headed to the Quad Cities for last minute baby and wedding stuff. No small events coming our way. I had a full sheet of paper with a list the size of a small bus of things that we needed to either finish the nursery or have an infant in the house should she come in the next week or two (unlikely, but possible). We were SUPER successful and I even found 2 dresses for the wedding weekend (ok, Julie found them, I took them home). :) She found most of what she wanted and whatever I didn't get, I ordered online when I got home , which was mainly nursery decorations. The only thing I didn't get was the pack-n-play b/c I have a coupon that wasn't good for another week (thank you, Linsmeier cousins!) and I plan to use it so I can get my (almost) $20 off! :) Needless to say, by the time we got home, Julie & I were both tuckered out. I'm not sure what she did with the rest of her day, but I was so excited about everything that I continued with the unpacking of things and figuring out such contraptions as how to use the BabyBjorn, take more tags off of clothes (for over an hour this time!!), and the Itzbeen timer so that when we're too tired to remember when she slept/ate/poo'd last, we can use this handy timer to check things out - even which side I last nursed her on. I call that a beautiful thing. It even has a light in it so you can see in the dark when you're walking to the nursery. Awesome.
Today I woke up with something new...a backwards baby. I'd say about 95% of the time, the baby (who's always head down now) usually has her back to the left, butt up high, and limbs to the right (hence all the trying to crawl out my right side). Well, when I woke up this morning, she was back to the RIGHT and limbs to the LEFT. She did NOT seem to care for this and tried her best to get back to where she likes all day. She'd get her back up against my belly button and then seem to slip right back to where she didn't want to be. This continued all day long and as soon as I sat down to write this post, I got very confused b/c she was back to her normal position and I thought I was wrong the whole day...but then I remembered her trying to crawl out my right side all the time and I realized she was back to her normal "spot." We both like her there better, so now we're going to go fold one last load of mommy/daddy laundry before we collapse into bed. It's been a very big, great, backwards day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment