Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One Step Closer (23 days)

I feel like I'm one step closer across environments in terms of getting ready for the baby's arrival. It's a good feeling...until I think of what is left to be done. :) But thinking positively here. At my elementary school I realized that I'm 90% of the way done with my current IEPs with just a few meetings to take care of on Thursday and then I'm on to bigger and better things - like my other school and 0-3 program (which is suddenly exploding!). Whew! On the home front, all baby laundry is done; just needs folding to be finished, packing away bigger clothes, and organizing current clothes. The finishing touches for the nursery were shipped this afternoon and will hopefully be here by Friday (although Thursday would be better, of course). Things are moving in the right direction. Excellent.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but I bought a doll for us to "hold" and put in the baby's equipment (ie. swing, chair, crib). Reasoning - to get the dogs ready for a little person who they are not allowed to nibble, lick like crazy (a few kisses are fine), or be overly jealous of. They are doing well...they get very excited when we go pick it up and after a minute or so they could care less and run off to do their own thing again. I was fortunate enough to find a doll that wasn't creepy and actually moved/cried a little. We shall see. Once the nursery is set up, I plan to work with them more. Hope it continues to go well!

As for the baby, things continue to go well. I am still sleeping well for the most part and know it's not going to last once she gets here. :) But I'll take it now! She's been moving lots and actually was quite active while Adam was reading to her last night before bed. We can't wait to meet her...

No comments:

Post a Comment