Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hmm...THAT kind of day (22 days)

It wasn't an overly bad day. Really. But for those who are easily pessimistic, it might have been. Good thing I put on my optimistic hat before I walked out the door this morning...

I had 6 kids scheduled today (birth-3 day) which is a pretty full schedule when you're doing home visits. I make it to my first one (which I'm tag-teaming with my *teacher* from last week) and it went surprisingly well. The little guy's making improvements and the teacher was easy to work with. So I'm on my way to the second visit which is a good 15 miles away and I'm RIGHT on time. I'm about half way there when I heard this loud thud in the back right rear well. I looked in my rear view mirror b/c I swear I hadn't hit anything and confirmed it with a clear road behind me. Just as I was about to clear it from my mind, I heard the tell-tale thump thump thump...and KNEW my right rear tire had just gone flat. I pulled over and sure enough. Flat. So I called for someone to come change my tire to the spare b/c our insurance has road-side assistance and clearly I'm not changing my tire 9 months pregnant. So the guy gets there 22 minutes later and after some figuring informs me that my spare is no good and *might* get me to the next town (either Muscatine or Wilton, 5 miles or so each way) but likely not b/c the place we bought it from put a bad spare in the spare spot!! So he had to go get another truck and FLATBED tow me back to Muscatine where we finally decided to buy the 4 tires we've been needing for the Highlander, just a lot sooner than we had hoped. Sigh. Missed 2 kids, one of which was an evaluation that mom took off of work for. :-( Not like it was something I could control so much to Adam's relief, I didn't get too worked up about it. He was worried if I got upset it would be bad for the baby and I. No worries there! :)

I finally got back to the office after dropping Adam off at work and proceed to my next 3 visits without further incident. Then I get home, let the dogs out to run amok, and within a half hour Jessie's at the front door (for the 3rd time going in and out) and holding her back left foot up as high as she could, looking sad and hurt. Sure enough, she'd done something to her foot. I couldn't immediately pinpoint the injury but after poking everywhere and moving it all over the place without a squeal or pull back, I figured she'd likely just walk it off especially since she was running ok on it. Sure enough, 2 hours later and she's fine. The vet thought she might have been stung by something but by the time I got the benedryl home, she didn't need it anymore. Whew. Huge bill #1983 for September averted. :)

As for baby, I'm really glad I only have a few more Wednesdays of birth-3 left. I usually end up on the floor with the kids even though I start out on a chair/couch. This results in a pretty sore bod by the time I get home and my trip to Walmart (we were out of water - we fill jugs since I'm nervous about our water even though it's fine) was brutal. Thankfully I'm sitting in my glider blogging while Adam puts together the baby's last shelving unit. I positively can't WAIT to see what the little fabric boxes look like in it. They are purple with butterflies - go figure - with the center one being pink to match. :) I'll post pictures later of the FINISHED nursery!! All her things have shipped (decorations and diaper bag) and will hopefully be here tomorrow when I get home from work! :)

Adam will be done in a few minutes and then it's time to head downstairs for some ice cream and hot fudge sauce. I bought more at Walmart when I was there earlier. Uh oh.......

No comments:

Post a Comment