Friday:
- Went to the doctor with Adam for my 34-wk checkup. All was fine...I only gained ONE pound in 2 weeks!! Yay for that slowing finally! So I pull up my shirt so the doctor can do her measuring and heartbeat checking and the first thing she says is "When did you start getting these bumps?" She was referring to the blemish-like bumps on the very top of my belly in a small, half-palm sized area. I informed her that I thought it was just blemish-like things that were a result of my lotion...she informed me that she was pretty sure they were PUPPPS. A pregnancy skin condition. Coincidentally, I had read about this online an hour before and found that only 1% of preggo women get this and the only solution is delivery. They don't itch (like real PUPPPS) but I bought benedryl cream anyway. No itching. No spreading. I think it's blemishes. I don't like being a statistic. :)
- We FINALLY get on the road late at 5:17pm to go to WI. I drove the second leg and was doing alright until just after Madison. I figured I would need to stop more to walk and things on such a long ride, and apparently my body was telling me it was time to stop NOW. Adam was dozing off and all of a sudden I started to feel really weird...not lightheaded, but not all there at the moment. I woke him up all the way and he kept me alert for the next few miles until we stopped at a gas station (we're two birds with one stone kind of people). Adam got gas while I used the restroom and got some ice for the powerade we had in the truck. He then walked with me for a while and I felt like I could go FOR-EH-VER. But we don't like being on the road so we walked fast and got back on the road without further incident. Still weird though...
- Got to bed late but made it safe.
- Adam got up early (which means so did I b/c once I'm up I'm up) to go golfing with his dad. I got ready to head to my shower with Sherri (MIL) after running a quick errand in town. This is the first time I make someone in our family 15 minutes late this weekend.
- The baby shower was SO great! Words cannot express...the food was awesome (guilty - I LOVE broasted chicken), it was great to see family I haven't seen in a while, and our little girl is SO lucky and spoiled. She got so many things for her nursery, clothing, toys, etc. We feel so blessed.
- I asked Steph (my MOH) to be our little girl's Godmother. I feel like she was very pleased with that favor and we're very excited for her to take on that role once the baby gets here.
- Adam went golfing again in the afternoon while we did the whole baby shower thing and then met us (Sherri & I) up in Door County at Adam's aunt & uncle's camper for dinner and a campfire. It was a really nice day save for the VERY foggy, long ride home. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment