
Today we went to a place in the Quad Cities called "Picture Innovations" for Morgan's 6 month pictures. She took a nap for about 35-40 minutes before we left and when I went up to her room to get her, she was awake but I'm pretty sure was just in the process of moving before going back to sleep. :-/ She snuggled with her blanket and sucked her finger/thumb the whole way to the portrait studio...and then did fairly well.

She of course, was frightened of the photographer. We have GOT to get her over this stranger danger thing. Sigh. After lots of work, silly faces/noises, Adam was the winner with his fake hacking cough that won her over. (weird child, I know, but it made her smile so he wins) We have many great pictures and the price could NOT be beat. We also got a CD to keep and use so that's exciting if anyone wants a different picture(s) than the one(s) we hand out.

Last night may have been one of the best nights of my mommy life. Let me preface...Friday night, Morgan slept from 7:30pm-8:00am with only ONE visit to her room to put her nuk in her mouth. Total time out of bed for mom - 108 seconds (I'm speedy). Last night, she one-uped herself and slept from 7:30pm-7:40am with NO nuk replacements. NO visits to her bedroom for either of us...and she has successfully completed a "sleep through the night" in my book. If you go by the books, she slept through the night a LONG time ago as she didn't require nighttime feedings and slept for 5-6 hours straight. Didn't count in my book...this did. And I hope she keeps this schedule for every weekend forever and ever Amen. :) (I know, I know, highly unlikely. A mommy can wish.)

Speaking of nuk replacements or nuk use in general, it has taken a nose-dive in the Schmidt household. I'm tempted to wash them all up one last time and put them away. Morgan has a new love for her left thumb and forefinger. She will suck on either one at will to soothe herself, entertain herself, or as a tool to create more drool. While this is FANTASTIC now, I do worry a little about the future b/c we can't take a thumb away the same as we can a nuk...again, still enjoying the sleep for now. :-D

Now that I wrote all that business about Morgan sleeping through the night, she just started crying in her crib but I think she had a bad dream. It was a different cry. Nothing a little chest-rubbing reassurance didnt' cure...and a forefinger. :)
Ok, off to make dinner. Adam will be home from turkey hunting soon so he'll be ready to eat I'm sure. Hope you enjoyed the pictures - there are 80 billion more but those will have to do. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment