Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Swimming Lessons

I think I may have broken it...meaning my back. I wrote a few weeks ago that it was hurting and that I went to my friend's husband who's a chiro and it was slowly getting better. Then yesterday, Morgan and I went for a walk and I decided that I missed running and burning more calories and decided to run/walk instead of just walking. To make a long story short, I can hardly stand up straight and my back is KILLING me. It hurts so much. And Adam's on travel this week so there's no relief from carrying around the 18lb kid or to stretch my back/legs and a wall is NOT the same. So sad, old-looking me will be walking around like I'm 90 for the next week or so.

Today, I signed my big girl up for her first swimming lessons. I'm SO excited for her!! She loves her baths and has no problem with me pouring water over her head or getting water on her face. She doesn't particularly care for face-plants into the water when she leans too far forward for a toy that's out of her reach (oops, bad mommy, just one time) but otherwise she's fine with water. It's every Thursday night from 6:30-7:00pm and she's going with two of her friends. Since teeny ones can't be in the water alone, this means I will have to don a swimsuit...yikes. I have a tank-ini that I bought in anticipation for the Kansas trip and didn't use...but it's still scary to have to put it on. In public. In front of non-strangers. Sigh. More incentive to work out...once my back isn't affecting my every move. But it's not about me - it's about Morgan starting swimming lessons!

She's already got quite the agenda for the summer -
  • Swimming lessons 1x/week
  • Daycare on occasion to visit friends and socialize while mom either works or catches up on life
  • Baby lap sit (a library program for little ones where they read books, sing, dance, etc)
  • Stroller Strides 2x/week
  • Visits to WI when Adam's out of town.
Sounds like a good summer to me. Can't. Wait. :) WEEKS away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment