Last week - Morgan did quite well on the EASY drive down to Manhattan, KS for my friend, Meg's wedding. It was great that Adam could drive and I could crawl back and forth b/w the front/back seats. Thankfully I'm kinda bendy and could do it. That night? Not so great. Our fault. We forgot the bottle at dinner and she got WAY too overtired. Things settled by around 11:30pm and we all slept, Morgan in her car seat b/c the hotel crib didn't work out.
Morgan then turned into super adaptable, cute, happy baby the rest of the weekend. She did SO well - beyond our wildest dreams. She smiled at anyone who gave her the time of day although she still cried a majority of the time if someone else besides Adam/me held her. We worked on it though. We just warned people she's going to cry, not to worry, and here you go! :) We tuckered her out and then left bright and early Sunday morning (7am!) so that Adam could catch his plane. The wedding itself went off without a hitch. It was beautiful, Meg was gorgeous, Trey is a rather dashing individual, and we're really happy for them. On Sunday, Morgan was rather tuckered out and was a PEACH the whole way home. I got SO lucky. She slept 3 of the 5 hours it took to drive home and was content with looking outside, playing with the toys I handed her, or having a bottle with my arm (that felt broken by the end) reaching way back to reach her. Continued to thank God this whole week for Sunday.
Other Morgan updates:
- She now sits for long periods of time. We still don't leave her unattended b/c if she's going over, she's going over hard if something's in the way. The other day, however, she sat for at least 10 minutes without changing positions. It's fun to watch her "fall" forward and be SO surprised when she's suddenly on her tummy.
- Morgan's been eating like crazy. As in up to 8 oz of FOOD at supper some nights. No wonder she's gigantic.
- She continues talking up a storm and after some discussion with my fellow SLPs, her vocalizing "mama" when upset and looking for me is not quite her first word. It's not consistent enough yet but it's fun to say "Yes, Morgan, what do you need, honey?" We pretend she talks to me all the time.
- Morgan now sits in the bathtub until it's time to wash her hair. She LOVES this, btw.
- Morgan had her first shower this past weekend while we were in Kansas. She woke up a stinky baby and instead of putting her in the questionably clean bathtub, we did that. And it was fine. She might have even...liked it. :)
- I missed our cloth diapers all weekend.
- Since we got back, Morgan's been a little clingy. I can see why, though, as I think she felt like she was all alone for hours in the back seat even though she could see me in her mirror and hear me just fine.
- The never-ending wait for a tooth is upon us. I like to blame everything negative on the "suspected tooth arrival" but who knows. Thought I might have felt a slight bump last night during one of the 2.25 hours I was up trying to keep her from being awake but it was gone this morning. Mary said that might happen and that she thinks Morgan is chewing more than usual...I see no difference as she chews on everything constantly. We shall see. Really wish Adam was home tonight so I was ensured some sleep.
- The past two days she's come home from daycare in a onsie b/c she gets too hot there. It's been upper 70s or 80s the past two days. LOVE it. :)
- Nursing update - Morgan is now a morning and nighttime (bedtime) nurser. I am no longer pumping at work (as of today) b/c I only get about 1oz. On the weekends I will likely nurse her once during the day, but we're officially decreasing Morgan's nursing time.
No comments:
Post a Comment