Tired baby...emotional mom. Couldn't help crying all over theplace thinking someday this is going to be HER wedding. :'-)
We are STILL waiting on these alleged "teeth." She has some s/s (signs/symptoms) such as not SLEEPING as well, eating less, chewing well, the same, since she's a huge chewer/drooler...but no teeth. We're thinking that it might be the top teeth first since her front gum line is *slightly* changing here and there...but not enough to say yup! They're coming! So we wait. And wait. And hope that there is an end to some of this behavior...which really isn't that bad at all - but the sleeping...I miss the sleeping.
Speaking of sleeping, you saw in the pictures that she can now sleep in her highchair. She did this for lunch yesterday (Sunday) and dinner tonight. The poor thing. Also new on the sleeping front, Morgan slept on her STOMACH in her CRIB for 45 minutes Saturday afternoon. I left her in her crib wide awake so as to let her try putting herself to sleep and low and behold, 15 minutes later, she's out with her fingers in her mouth. Sweetness. And then yesterday (Sunday), she slept on her back in her crib for TWO HOURS. It was glorious. I got lots done and then I even got to sit on the couch and read a book (gasp) for about 10 minutes before she got up. LOVE this.
Over this past weekend, Morgan has decided that she is now a thumb-sucking baby. She doesn't do this constantly, but whenever things are idle, she's tired and without a nuk, or in between chewing on her fingers/thumb, she now sucks her thumb. It's terribly adorable though b/c she wraps her index finger around her nose...so we ooo & ahhh and then pull her thumb out and give her the nuk instead. I can take that away later. Not so much on the thumb. It's still really cute though. :-D
Yesterday while Adam was doing some crazy mulching work outside, Morgan and I found ourselves in her room and playing. We had a GREAT time...it was the first time that I really felt like we were having some back and forth interaction and truly playing. Her eye coordination and tracking speed has also SIGNIFICANTLY increased and she now tracks with crazy-fast precision. Anyway, while we were playing, I put her on her tummy to practice using the muscles she needs for crawling. She's getting really good at getting up high on her hands and is starting to get some alternating leg motion although is super preliminary. Next thing I know, there is something next to Morgan that she wants WAY more than what is right in front of her and she spins around to get it. I, being the mean (curious) mommy that I am, I put it out of her reach a little further until she had done a complete 360 on her own. Which she did. And of this I am ridiculously proud. We are very concerned about her development and growth and are excited to see each new change. Adam is especially excited for her physical development for sports later. Like a true Schmidty should be. :)
This past weekend on Saturday, Morgan and I participated in a mommy/child exercise group in the Quad Cities known as Stroller Strides. It involves you and your baby/children in strollers along with other moms/kids and for an hour there is walking, some running (if you want), toning, and strengthening exercises. It was GREAT. Morgan and I are definitely planning on joining by the end of April b/c the signup fee is significantly lower than usual and are going to make it habit over the summer. For now we might just do Saturdays. We loved it, got compliments on the well-behaved baby (again - we LOVE this), and are eager for more. I still have this dang weight to lose and it's not coming off by wishing.
Props to the hubs. Tonight marks the end of Adam's 5th last class of his MBA. He is taking one fast-track class at the end of May/June and then another week intensive class this summer. Then there's only TWO left. I'm so proud of him. He's the strongest man I know. I don't think I could ever travel the way he does AND go to school AND be the best husband/father ever. I am the luckiest girl ever - I heart my little family. xoxox









No comments:
Post a Comment