Sunday, March 29, 2009

200 days to go!

Well, we officially have 200 days to go until Baby Schmidt arrives (pending s/he is actually a due date baby - yeah right). This is going to be short b/c I have quite the headache (unfair - everyone else was drinking last night and I bet they feel fine today - and I get the headache...hmmm) and I also need to get some things done around here as Adam is busting his tail off in the basement patching up the ceiling where we had the water leak. He's my trooper and hasn't even said anything to make me feel bad for riding the couch and chair most of the day. The belly bump is not going away which makes me pretty sure it's here to stay. Like I've posted earlier, I'm excited for our doctor appointment Wednesday so I can find out if I'm growing at a normal rate.

This morning Adam and I went to our favorite breakfast place in town - Muscatine Family Restaurant - where I got this great wild rice and chicken soup and a blueberry pancake. AWESOME. So then 1:30 rolls around and all I can think about is that soup that I had for breakfast...So I call them up and go pick up a bowl of the good stuff. I walked in and the owner (funny guy) said 'long time no see! we're open til 9 if you want to come back!' and I laughed and took my soup home. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. I was going to ignore the craving but then this week I would have been at work and had to go there to get more. It doesn't pay to ignore semi-healthy cravings. They don't go away.

Ok, I think I'm ready to get up and do something now. The bright green grass is starting to show through the snow which is melting quite fast. Whew! I wasn't a fan of it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment