Saturday, March 28, 2009

SNOW?!?

Today we are "supposedly" getting 2-4" of snow here in Iowa. What?!? It's almost April and the heavens are raining down snow?!? Cruel, cruel world. Hopefully the weather people are wrong again and it's a dusting that will melt tomorrow. Ugh. For now a cold rain will have to be ok - better than snow.

Today Adam and I have been rather productive. We got up, had pancakes, and Adam worked on the leaky sink in the kitchen and I did some things around the house I've been putting off...like laundry. I was running out of essentials and Adam was out of white t-shirts...unheard of. He might have even been turning his boxers inside out but wouldn't admit it to me if I had asked. Apparently I've been a little behind on things. :)

I've officially turned 11 weeks on Thursday and am currently 11 weeks 2 days along. I think the belly might be getting ready to pop out soon as my 11-week picture showed a bit more bump that I had anticipated. I am not sure if I'm "growing" at the right pace right now as A) this is my first (and the second belly/baby grows faster anyway) and B) you can't compare to friends b/c their bodies are all different and will show differently. Ho hum. We have the 12-week appointment next Wed (April 1st-yikes!) and we get to actually HEAR our baby's heartbeat instead of just see it like we did at the last ultrasound. I'm trying to come up with some worry or symptom to see if I can't get Dr. Coleman to want to do another ultrasound but things are going smoothly so I doubt it will happen. She said our next u/s is at 20 weeks. Maybe I'll pull the SLP knowledge out and ask her to check for any cleft palate/lip problems...our baby's palate is just finishing up the closing process this week, so once we hit week 12, things should be all closed up! According to babycenter.com, our baby is the size of a fig this week. (Last week was a kumquat and next week is a lime (huge!)). Adam is shocked by how big s/he is already.

Two other SLP friends (Sara-24 weeks preg, and Denise) and I went to visit our friend Abbie who had her baby just over a month ago this week. Abbie looked and sounded great (I can only hope I'm that resilient)! Cammie was adorable and while she is bigger than she was at birth, it was a little daunting to think my baby could be even remotely that big in October! Cammie currently weights just under 8lbs if I remember correctly which makes me think of my poor mother who had one baby almost 11lbs, 2 over 9lbs, and one over 8lbs! My goodness! And she lived to tell about it!! Hopefully I'll follow Adam's side where babies didn't top over 8lbs if I recall...we shall see. I am just hoping for a very healthy baby and don't mind if s/he comes 1-2 weeks early. :) That was s/he can avoid all these late October birthdays as well! Every time I tell someone my due date, I hear 'oh my birthday is...' (insert date within a week of due date here). My baby's got some competition. :) The 1-2 weeks early should clear the birthday competition right up and save mommy a few extra pounds. :) Healthy baby comes first though - always.

So here's an annoying symptom for a girl who loves to eat - my stomach becomes really painful when I even slightly over eat. And by over eat, I don't mean load up at OCB or something, I mean having dinner. For example, as I write this, my stomach hurts way up high. Right below my ribs in the middle. I had a little bit of our leftover BW3s with Adam just before noon, then some canned pears about 45 minutes later, and a piece of apple pie with ice cream at 1:30...good spaces b/w eating...but apparently I overdid it. Baby must be growing straight up and squishing my tummy, which sucks b/c this momma loves to eat! I've gained anywhere from 3-4lbs so far depending on the day and my digestive system...gotta love how hormones can get things all out of whack.

But now I am going to brave the cold cold rain and run to the store for ingredients to make some yummy things to bring to Jason and Julie's poker night tonight. I'm really glad we live two doors down with the coming weather. Then we're going to "downtown" Muscatine for a farewell get-together for a couple we know who's moving to Oregon. I'll be ready for a nap after church tomorrow...not the leftover cleaning I'm sure will be waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment