Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quiet Weekend

It was a quiet weekend on the Schmidt family front. Adam is on day 4 of his 7 straight days of 12-hr shifts so we didn't do much this weekend. I had Friday off, thank God, b/c the fatigue was starting to hit real hard again last week. I went out for a very nice lunch with my friend Melanie and then headed home to do some other things.

Saturday morning, I slept in a little bit but was not feeling the greatest. I was worried I was starting to get strep throat b/c the back of the left side of my throat was killing me every time I swallowed. I decided to just wait for a bit since I didn't have the tell-tale white spots anywhere. Then I remembered it might have something to do with allergies since the tree pollen is ridiculously high here. I rested and hung around until the girls and I couldn't take the weather outside anymore - it was beautiful! So we went outside to do some gardening and clean up the flower beds from their neglect last fall. I seriously trimmed up the front bushes...maybe too much? And then I got to work on the south side of the house. I found that my seedums were growing already under last year's gunk as well as my irises and daffodils. Actually, my daffodils in the front yard are anywhere from 6-12" tall and ready to open in the next week or two...although I think we're supposed to get a really cold day next week so hopefully that won't delay things. We've really lucked out with the weather down here. It's been in the 50's and 60's lately, with yesterday (Sat) being 68 after all was said and done. After about 3 hours of work, the girls and I called it a day and went in the house until Adam came home from work and we had dinner. I was pretty tired so after Adam served up some apple pie and ice cream, I promptly fell asleep on the couch while he watched March Madness. A not-so-great thing that happened yesterday was that when I was about to put the murano in the garage after all the gardening, it wouldn't start! And then when it did, it didn't sound the greatest. Bummer! We really think there's a fuel injector issue and it's long over due for a tune up. However, we're grappling with how much to stick into it since we are currently waiting for a Nissan Pathfinder to show up at LuJacks (car dealership) so we have more space for traveling since we're always so tight with us and two dogs. It started fine since, but still needs to go in...doesn't quite sound right...

Sunday rolls around and I was considering going to church, but was too chicken to take the murano and get stuck there. Not the worst place to get stuck, but if I'm not feeling well (which comes and goes), I don't want to take that chance. The girls and I prayed from home today. :) I was really lazy, I'm not going to lie, and didn't do much. I did a baby boy name search for a long while and I think we came up with a few that we really liked - at least for first names. But mum's the word! We're not sharing names until our little peanut is screaming his/her head off the day of arrival. I was really getting worried that we wouldn't find a boy's name b/c many of the names we really like either end in /s/ (which won't work with the last name Schmidt; I think I posted about this already) or the name(s) have been given to some other lucky little boy we know too closely to name our own boy that, should we have a boy. Girl names are pretty easy. We aren't set on any specific ones, but we have several that could work. Anyway, Adam had asked me to DVR the Badger game (sad for him from the result) and had informed me it started at 2pm. I was flipping through the channels and stopped on the Syracuse game to see how it ended. All of a sudden I looked up from my laptop to see the Badgers in the middle of the jump ball to start the game!! It was only 1:20! So I ran downstairs to DVR it and as I'm waiting for the TV to turn on and get to the right channel, I hear drip...drip...drip. I did the whole slow motion turn around (b/c I knew what it was but didn't want to admit it) only to find the ceiling dripping water onto and in front of the couch!! Ahh!! I quick push the couch out of the way and get a pot and basket to catch the water. It didn't look like it had been going on for more than an hour or so given the amount of water on the floor/couch and drip rates. Unfortunately, it appears to be dripping right under the sink and dishwasher. I let it drip while I waited for Adam to call me back and took a shower (yes, I realize the timing makes me very lazy) and then turned the water off. We'll likely have to call in a plumber since Adam is on 12s until his first day off on Thursday. Juuusssttt...a little frustrating.

I was going to go run errands in town b/c we need a few groceries, some fuel injector cleaner, and I promised Adam pizza tonight...but my stomach is giving me a hard time. I'm not going to lie and say I've eaten all that great the last two days. My schedule is just all off and while I don't necessarily want to go to work tomorrow, at least it will get me back into some sort of rhythm. It tuckers me out just to think about going back to work tomorrow. Ugh. I'm 10 weeks, 2 days today, so we're narrowing in on the end of the first trimester. Whew. Can't wait. Then I can get some energy back and motivation to be a better housekeeper. I told Adam we need to seriously consider a house cleaner once I get huge and then have the baby. He said he'd help more but has a crazy schedule including traveling...I think he'll see the light. I've heard of some good and relatively cheap house cleaners so hopefully we'll find a good one. Maybe not yet though.

Have a great week and hopefully I'll be heading out to Wally-world and papa murphy's soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment